Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sachin

cant quit chocolates:(

man...its freakin hell outa me.the more i try not to eat chocolates i find myself digged more into it:(i am fuckin eatin more chocoaltes than ever.i find some kinda psychological or emotional problem with it:(i gotta be strong at my will but i really cant hold without chocolates.what to do?i am havin hell a lot new break outs

What you crave in chocolate may be either:

1) the sugar

2) the caffeine

If it's sugar you're craving, eat apples or loads of raisons till you stop craving it.

If it's caffeine you're after, drink green or white tea.

Sorted.

Maybe this isn't the best way to cure a craving, but you can make hot chocolate with rice or almond milk, cocoa powder (which is actually healthy), and stevia (a natural sugar substitute).

i think its sugar :wall: ..does apple kill love for sugar or wat?n wat raisons u talkin abt here..i love almonds but think it causes acne :-?does it ?

What you crave in chocolate may be either:

1) the sugar

2) the caffeine

If it's sugar you're craving, eat apples or loads of raisons till you stop craving it.

If it's caffeine you're after, drink green or white tea.

Sorted.

Eating chocolat makes you feel good and that's not just because of caffeine and sugar! It also contains phenylethylamine, phenylalanine, theobromine, theophylline, tryptophan, tyramine, tyrosine, etc...They have drug-like effects because they increase serotin and dopamine levels.

Chocolat isn't really unhealthy if you don't eat too much of it, so don't worry. Besides, it contains some good antioxidants as well.

i see this all the time

your skin is probably worse from worrying and stressing out about not being able to quit eating chocolate than it is from the actual chocolate

relax. eat chocolate now and again. enjoy your life.

There are chocolates around which are more healthy than others. From what i've heard, American chocolate is terrible as it contains virtually no coco solids. If i eat chocolate, i get a dark one containing 70% coco solids.

i think its sugar :wall: ..does apple kill love for sugar or wat?n wat raisons u talkin abt here..i love almonds but think it causes acne :-?does it ?

buy organic 88% dark chocolate or make a toast, then put honey on it, it taste so good if u crave sugar.

Just buy organic raw cacao powder or the raw cacao nibs. They are free of sugar and dairy. You can take the powder and make fudge brownies out of it with coconut oil (man, doesn't that sound good...), or use it to make some drinks. You could eat the raw cacao nibs (what chocolate starts out as originally) raw too, but it's just not anywhere near the same, chocolate needs a little sweetener (like stevia). Raw cacao is high in sulphur and magnesium, both very good for you. So go to a health store and pick some up and quit beating yourself up over this deliciuos food.

I actually saw this recipe on curezone and it sounds delicious (and it's healthy):

COCONUT OIL FUDGE

1 1/2 cups coconut oil

1 1/2 cups raw honey

1 cup cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, tastes fine without it)

Just buy organic raw cacao powder or the raw cacao nibs. They are free of sugar and dairy. You can take the powder and make fudge brownies out of it with coconut oil (man, doesn't that sound good...), or use it to make some drinks. You could eat the raw cacao nibs (what chocolate starts out as originally) raw too, but it's just not anywhere near the same, chocolate needs a little sweetener (like stevia). Raw cacao is high in sulphur and magnesium, both very good for you. So go to a health store and pick some up and quit beating yourself up over this deliciuos food.

I actually saw this recipe on curezone and it sounds delicious (and it's healthy):

COCONUT OIL FUDGE

1 1/2 cups coconut oil

1 1/2 cups raw honey

1 cup cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, tastes fine without it)

Now that looks GOOD!! :drool:

Dark chocolate's not so bad for you (I love over 60% cocoa...75% is great) . It's the milk chocolate that's not so good. I had a severe bout of depression last year right after the climax of an very stressful and traumatic ten months. I had an agressive stalker making repaeted death threats to me daily. I was running on adrenaline the whole time. It was like being in a ten month long flight or fight response. Levels of noradrenaline and serotion drop during this response because they aren't necessecary. I didn't notice the body aches or lack of apetite. (I did notice the indriectly related acne).....evenetually my body just adjusted to the constant adrenaline surge. I hardly slept but I didn't need to.....

It had physiological effects too....the acne....the mouth sores....weight loss.... my hair was falling out

When the situation came to a climax and he was locked up, it took about a week for the adrenaline to stop. I woke up one day filled withthis unexplainable rage....which lasted a few weeks, leaving behind an empty shell of the person I used to be. I wasn't sad....I couldn't feel anything....all I wanted to do was sleep, and watch soaps all day. I gave up all of my adult responsibilities, and was like a sloth for months.....

One thing I notice was that I'd have these intense cravings for chocolate...it was like an addiction.....and not milk chocolate, but dark or bittersweet chocolate.....

eventually I came back to reality and cut the bullshit, and got myself back together.....and now I don't crave it as much anymore....(I still have acne though..... :( )

My sister is bipolar, and whenever she is manic, she can't eat chocolate. The hospitals forbid any chocolate, because it can effect levels of dopamine, noradreanline and serotonin in the brain.....makeing a manic state even more severe......

Chocolate is some interesting stuff.....and the darker it is the more potent the effects are......it's not so much the sugar......

Maybe you are a bit depressed.....this is why you can't stop eating the stuff....

Anyway.....there were some neat recipies posted here.....the coconut oil fudge sounds yummy and I actually have all of the ingredients in my kitchen....(I have a baking fetish)......

I've read that sugar cravings are actually a symptom of mineral deficiency. I used to be very addicted to chocolate as well, but ever since I started eating 8-16 ounces of greens a day (on most days) I no longer have cravings for chocolate/sugar. Greens have the highest mineral content of any food by the way. Green drinks could also work if you don't want to eat the whole greens. Examples of greens are lettuce, spinach, celery, chards, kale, mustard greens, etc. I usually eat romaine lettuce or celery and sometimes baby spinach.

what you need is somethin to replace chocolate with, try raisins

Maybe try kisses (not the chocolate brand, I mean real kisses)

It also increases your serotin and dopamine levels. These drugs are produced by the brain when you do something that results pleasent for you. So, making love, kissing and huging someone you love would do much better than eating tons of chocolate. :)

I've read that sugar cravings are actually a symptom of mineral deficiency. I used to be very addicted to chocolate as well, but ever since I started eating 8-16 ounces of greens a day (on most days) I no longer have cravings for chocolate/sugar. Greens have the highest mineral content of any food by the way. Green drinks could also work if you don't want to eat the whole greens. Examples of greens are lettuce, spinach, celery, chards, kale, mustard greens, etc. I usually eat romaine lettuce or celery and sometimes baby spinach.

Craving for chocolate is apparently a physiological craving for copper - so I supplement with a copper/zinc formulation. Also, I have found THE best sugar-free chocolate. Its Empower foods low carb chocolate, made with cocoa butter, full cream milk solids, cocoa, emulsifier and flavours, and maltitol. While artificial sweeteners aren't great over the long term, it does help while on the candida diet when in the middle of a major chocolate crave. : :D

thanks for help people.its d sugar in chocolate dat i love..coz i noticed that i am also takin other kidna sweets.its seriously annoying:((can't really cut on my sugar infact its sugar inatake is increasing day by dae.i feel so tempted seeing sumthng sweet:(.

thanks for help people.its d sugar in chocolate dat i love..coz i noticed that i am also takin other kidna sweets.its seriously annoying:((can't really cut on my sugar infact its sugar inatake is increasing day by dae.i feel so tempted seeing sumthng sweet:(.

I know how you feel trust me. Just eat your greens and replace candy with fruit, you can break the addiction.

I had the same addiction to chips. I couldn't stop eating them and it made my skin so oily so one day I just decided to stop. I still eat them occasionally but definitely not as much as before. It takes alot of willpower but just try to replace it with something healthier like people have said.

I know what you mean...this new thing I'm trying roccomends that you cut down sugar and it's really hard, because I love desserts, and sugar is everywhere. I've been doing better, trying to drink juice instead of Cokes. And staying away from sweets as much as I can...fruit and yogurt as replacements...

As far as the chocolate goes, do you like dark chocolate? It is actually better for you than milk chocolate, it has antioxidants that are good for you. It's sweet, but less creamy than milk chocolate because it has no milk fat.

Guest Gentle~Rain

What about replacing your chocolate with carob? It's caffeine free .

The way I stopped eating it, was that I put a piece in front of my while I watched my shows, and just gave myslef the option to not eat it...

I had to open it and smell it, but I didn't eat it..and since then I havn't had any......

do u eat a lot of it? maybe less quantities of chocolate will make u a bit clearer...