Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikej

Seeing a dermatologist

How hard is it usually to set up an appointment with a derm? I got a reference from my doctor yesterday and set one up, but the earliest they were available was May 30. Does it always take this long?

Yep, it usually does. Derms are very very busy doctors, they have to deal with things like skin cancer and such, as well as acne. Until then, your regular doctor would be able to prescribe you some kind of topical for your acne, and even an oral antibiotic if you want something for your acne before you get in to see the derm. Hope this helps. :)

Yep, it usually does. Derms are very very busy doctors, they have to deal with things like skin cancer and such, as well as acne. Until then, your regular doctor would be able to prescribe you some kind of topical for your acne, and even an oral antibiotic if you want something for your acne before you get in to see the derm. Hope this helps. :)

Yeah, thanks. It's disappointing because I was hoping to get put on accutane, and in 2 months it would already be halfway over when I'll just be starting it.

Doctors who specialize in certain areas, derms, eye doctors, etc. are very busy and book their appointments months in advance. The only thing you could try is to call and see if they have any cancellations but I would just wait.

the place i go to has like 2 derms that deal with the big stuff like skin cancer and such and they have 1 just for acne lol. so the most i even had to wait for an appointment was like 5 days

I just went to a doctor instead of a derm, but my wait for a derm wasn't nearly as long as you guys. i called up and they could have gotten me in April 17th. I trust my doctor a lot and i really think that she knows what she is doing ( shes a member of the CDC after all :) , how can you not trust that?).

can a normal doctor prescribe Spiro??

the first time i went to the derm, he almost made me cry.

the first time i went to the derm, he almost made me cry.

just wanted to mentally prepare ya. though derms vary,..

Doctors who specialize in certain areas, derms, eye doctors, etc. are very busy and book their appointments months in advance. The only thing you could try is to call and see if they have any cancellations but I would just wait.

What Dith said.