Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
msangel

Coming to Terms (New Girl)

:snooty:

At first, it was very difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that I have acne.

I was always in denial, and ALWAYS thought to myself that I didn't have a problem. NOW, Im getting married next spring, and I am definatley coming to terms with it. :doh:

I am afraid I am going to be walking down the aisle with pimples on my skin being covered by make-up. :shock::(

I am using BP creme (Benzeclin), Minocycline every night, and washing with dove for sensitive skin. I thought I might use proactiv. But I find my eyes getting puffy, and really badly irritated from it. So Im choosing to stop the proactiv. :shhh:

Am I the only one here? 26 yrs old and acne ridden?

:redface:

-msangel

I'm 28 yrs old, and having to deal with acne. You iether have it or don't.

As long as you're treating it the best you possibly can, don't let it get you down

too much.

:snooty:

At first, it was very difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that I have acne.

I was always in denial, and ALWAYS thought to myself that I didn't have a problem. NOW, Im getting married next spring, and I am definatley coming to terms with it. :doh:

I am afraid I am going to be walking down the aisle with pimples on my skin being covered by make-up. :shock::(

I am using BP creme (Benzeclin), Minocycline every night, and washing with dove for sensitive skin. I thought I might use proactiv. But I find my eyes getting puffy, and really badly irritated from it. So Im choosing to stop the proactiv. :shhh:

Am I the only one here? 26 yrs old and acne ridden?

:redface:

-msangel

Congrats on getting married!! I am 25 and dealing with it. I learned to cope with it, it did take me awhile.

Oh msangel, we are in the same boat. Except my wedding is this July, and I'm pretty sure my face will not look like I want it to for my wedding day. It's so upsetting. Sometimes I even consider changing the date, but we already booked our (non-refundable) honeymoon. Maybe we'll only invite close family and friends...

I'm so disheartened right now. I'm still in the Retin-A initial breakout stage, but man. I really don't think my skin will be clear by July 1. And I'm even more scared that it'll be worse.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I had decent skin for my wedding, mainly because I did a Queen Helene Mint Julep mask like every day for the week before. This is kinda harsh to do to your skin, but for special occasions, it's worth it.

I would also invest in some good mineral makeup. That way you don't have to wear a ton of makeup. :) Good Luck!

Yes, I'm 27 and have had to deal w/acne for quite some time. I'm clear (for the moment) because I just got off my first (and hopefully only) course of 'tane in February. My doc put me on Tazorac cream .1% and Yasmin BCP for maintenance. So far, so good. I only use mineral makeup, and I'm super gentle w/my skin right now.

I know how frustrating acne is, especially as an adult. Before I went on 'tane, my acne flared really badly on vacation in August. I ended up not going to my husband's 10 year high school reunion (our whole point of being on vacation) because of it. Sad to say, but I didn't want to meet new people and I somewhat felt like I was going to embarass my husband. He said I was nuts, and that he really wanted me to go w/him, but I let the acne get the better of me. Looking back, I wish I would have just gone, but I can't change the past. After getting home from vacation, I went straight to the doctor's and she put me on my course.

I hope you find something that will give you good results, especially for your wedding. I know how important it is to feel like you can count on your skin for a special event and have it totally freak out.

I recently came to terms with my acne - about a year and a half ago myself. Decided to learn about skin care and take an active role, rather than play ignorant.

BTW - that's a really good way of putting it, msangel. I really like that.

I'm 26 years old and have acne as well...your not the only one that's for sure. I really don't know what to do anymore for my acne, I think I'm gonna try Dan's method starting next week. Currently I have a bunch of red marks over my face that I have to use concealer to cover up...it sure looks a lot better with the concealer then without it that's for sure.