Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arya

retin-a-micro....can i go on it while on accutane?

please help me out here!!! I'm desperate. I have all these red marks all over my cheeks due to cysts. I'm currently on Accutane, and was wondering if I can just use retin-a-micro while on it?? i know it's not recommended, seing as Tane is so drying, etc.

BUT, has anyone done this? Does it help? If not, is there any way to expedite the process of getting rid of red marks?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciate! Thank you so much,

Arya

anyone? who's one accutane and putting any topicals to help marks/redness, etc?

My derm said depending on how your skin is reacting to accutane, you may be able to go on it. She wrote me a scrip but I havent filled it, I am giving accutane its fair time to clear me up.

judge yourself based on how dry your skin is.

its no big deal to try it 2 nights in a row and get flaking skin, cause you can always stop.

see my thread, i'm asking for other ways to help redmarks while on accutane

awesome, thank you! I'll try it out and see how it goes just for a few days. i'm getting sooo many new cysts, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :cry::cry:

Try not to put the retin-A all over your face, but more on the specific red marks. If that's not working, I suggest you try purchasing Scarzone over the counter. It doesn't work for everyone, but some people swear by it, and it definitely will not irritate your skin while on accutane.

Good luck and don't get too frustrated with the initial accutane breakout -- it will all be worth it in the end!