Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

I got two new foundations to try out.....

I just bought Neutrogena Visibly Even natural-look makeup, and the new Almay smart shade makeup.

I absolutely hate makeup, I truly do, but I just don't look as good without any coverage, mostly due to visible pores. I would like something that wouldn't leave them all visible and noticeable.

So, I'm trying out different one's to try and find the lesser of all evils I guess.

Plus I need something with oil control.

Anyway, opinions on these two are welcome.

thanks.

Ooooh Almay Smart Shade!!!!! Very cool product!!! Not much coverage though, so you might need concealer if you have spots.....

I'm really liking the Almay smart shade. I went ahead and tried it out. It is so cool, you squirt it out of it's tube, and it is white, but when you blend it turns colors, and believe it or not it actually turned a good color for me! I topped it off with a bit of powder, and it covers my large pores pretty well. And is wearing good too.

I'll wear it a few days and see what happens.

I'm really liking the Almay smart shade. I went ahead and tried it out. It is so cool, you squirt it out of it's tube, and it is white, but when you blend it turns colors, and believe it or not it actually turned a good color for me! I topped it off with a bit of powder, and it covers my large pores pretty well. And is wearing good too.

I'll wear it a few days and see what happens.

Keep us posted!!

I just bought Neutrogena Visibly Even natural-look makeup, and the new Almay smart shade makeup.

I absolutely hate makeup, I truly do, but I just don't look as good without any coverage, mostly due to visible pores. I would like something that wouldn't leave them all visible and noticeable.

So, I'm trying out different one's to try and find the lesser of all evils I guess.

Plus I need something with oil control.

Anyway, opinions on these two are welcome.

thanks.

From what you're describing (with your skin) I wouldn't rec. foundation.

Instead I rec. a mattifying product, it will reduce the appearance of pores as well as control shine.

I looooovee smashbox's anti-shine in invisible (it's clear).

It's only $18 and you only need a teeny tiny amount for all over.

It does an amazing job controlling oiliness.

Also, clinique has a pore minimizer (some kind of cream you put on) that supposedly helps a lot.

Foundation is bad for your skin and never looks quite right.

Stick with concealer + a mattifying product.

thanks for the ideas Achick! I've never seen any smashbox products around here, I'll have to check that out.

I am really liking this Almay smart shade. Put it on again this morning, I love the shade, and it is surprisingly mattifying. Hides my pores very well, with just the right amount of coverage, not too thin not too thick.

So, anyway, just an update. I'll see how it wears throughout the day. But I am already impressed that it goes on very well over my topicals. Looks surprisingly natural.

have a fantastic day everyone!

Ooooh Almay Smart Shade!!!!! Very cool product!!! Not much coverage though, so you might need concealer if you have spots.....

yea, I'm really digging this! :cool:

The coverage is good for me, as I don't have any spots or hyperpigmentation. Just wanted something to conceal my large pores a bit and mattify.

I'm glad to see you approve of this one LabGirl, I admit I decided to try it after you mentioned it in another thread. The shade changing thing is very cool, and provides one of the best colors for me. That is one problem I've always had with foundations, no color ever has looked right on me. But this one has done very well. I admit I am surprised. I got the light shade, btw.

Guest Gentle~Rain

I really like Covergirls aqua smooth makeup to fill in pores and small pock marks.

IPB Image

If you can find a shade that suits you , I think you'd like it too. I do have to blot a bit mid-day when I wear it but it does offer a smooth finish that really levels out the skin's surface appearance.

thank you Gentle Rain.

I think I have seen that one at Walmart I.

what shade do you recommend? I'm white, fair-skinned but usually darker than porcelain or ivory shades.

So far this Almay smart shade is holding up well, even in high humidity and heat today!!

Guest Gentle~Rain

Maybe try the creamy natural....it's hard to just say a color, it's only around 7$ so a mistake isn't too costly.....I first used ivory....it was too light, so I am using that up as an under eye concealer and I use the creamy natural right now, but will most likely have to go a shade darker as I spend more time outside. I use BP & jojoba oil to moisturise and it goes over that good w/out clumping.

* I may try the Almay smart shade, I'm really interested to see what shade I get too as I am rarely impressed with most product lines color selections.

They don't sell Neutrogena make-up here in Canada ont.

I wear maybelline everfresh make-up. It's pretty good, cover's up pretty good. Oil free, derm tested.....

Guest Tenshi

i dont know..ive tried every makeup known to man..i always go back to the top shelf..chanel, LM, Estee Lauder..i'll buy anything from places like Target/K-mart but when it comes ot foundation..the better qaulity ones which are usually more the expensive have always applied more beautifully and lasted longer..