Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMacbeth998

At least there is one upside to have acne

This may sound really stupid, and I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, but think of it this way--Most of us have extremely oily skin. My derm told me that people with oily skin don't get wrinkles as quick as people who have perfect skin. The oil masks any wrinkles that may be developing. I'm going on 26, and I don't have a single trace of a wrinkle. A good friend of mine is 23, with a flawless complexion, and she has a substantial amount of wrinkles, and she doesn't fake tan or smoke. So at least we won't age as fast. I know it still sucks, but at least we can look on a positive note.

Yeah, I hope it's true... I think I'm gonna look really young for a long time because my mom is over 50 and people think she's like 35-40, my skin is really oily, I stay out of the sun mostly because it supposedly makes red marks last longer, and I don't smoke.

My derm told me that people with oily skin don't get wrinkles as quick as people who have perfect skin. The oil masks any wrinkles that may be developing.

We all have sebaceous glands; therefore, we all have plenty of oil. But the problem arises when your system due to some changes (hormonal, glandular, metabolic,sexual,etc) doesn't distribute it in a correct way. Having an oily skin doesn't necessarely mean that it will delay some of the effects of aging (wrinkles). The "extra" amount of oil that your body (unnecesarely) produces is not a mostourizer. it clogs your pores and we all know what happens after that. But this oil is good (the more, the better) if it's inside. Once it reaches the exterior surface, it indicates that something is wrong. That's why there are some dry-skinned people with oily T-Zones and there are also oily-skinned people with deep wrinkles.

Yea, but I wouldn't be too surprised if alot of us get wrinkles much earlier than others because of the loads of BP put on our faces over the years.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but it's probably true.

Yea, but I wouldn't be too surprised if alot of us get wrinkles much earlier than others because of the loads of BP put on our faces over the years.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but it's probably true.

Yeah I read about that, using alot of acne inhibitors will cause premature aging. :cry:

I have them as well. All the use of bp when I was young and didn't know how to care for my skin, just loaded the bp on and on. So now I deal with wrinkles and acne, though not as bad as a teenager but still hate that fact, so guess my next move is to strevectin, have heard good things about it but am too afraid to mess up my skin.

but who cares...i wont care about looking good when im 65

I would. I want to be a hot grandma. :lol:

This may sound really stupid, and I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, but think of it this way--Most of us have extremely oily skin. My derm told me that people with oily skin don't get wrinkles as quick as people who have perfect skin. The oil masks any wrinkles that may be developing. I'm going on 26, and I don't have a single trace of a wrinkle. A good friend of mine is 23, with a flawless complexion, and she has a substantial amount of wrinkles, and she doesn't fake tan or smoke. So at least we won't age as fast. I know it still sucks, but at least we can look on a positive note.

I guess if there is an upside, that would be it. Good optimistic attitude!! :angel: