Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

So pleased I've found this site, I'm getting to the end of my tether. I am 23 years old now and have had moderate acne since I was about 13. It is focused mostly on my forehead and chin. I don't really get any on my cheeks and occasionally get spots near my nose. My nose gets blackheads sometimes. I get the occastional spot on my back and chest but nothing awful. My forehead has scarred and I usually have loads of really tiny spots that are like pinpricks all over my forehead, as well as larger lumps. The tiny spots on my forehead makes it look like I've got a rash on my forehead the whole time. My chin usually has at least 6 or 7 whiteheads and larger lumps. I've never had a day in these 10 years with completely clear skin. I've probably never even had less than 10 spots on my face in this whole time.

Since I was about 15 I've been to the doctor loads and tried many many different antibiotics. When I was 18 I went onto the contraceptive pill dianette to see if it would clear my skin. I was on this til I was 22, I stopped in November just before my 23rd birthday. In all those years I was on it my skin never cleared up. From November up until a couple of weeks ago I was taking nothing at all. While taking nothing my skin stayed roughly the same as when I was taking dianette. I've now started taking the contraceptive pill yasmin. I've only taken about 2 weeks worth and if anything my skin has got worse since going on it.

When I was younger I tried things like clean and clear and clearasil but my skin was too sensative for anything like that and I would just come out in a rash. So since then I really haven't used much to wash my face except soap. Lately I have tried things like clearasil for sensitive skin. Which I am using just now. It leaves my skin quite dry though. Not entirely sure if it is helping the spots on my chin but the tiny pinprick spots that are usually on my forehead seem a bit better.

I spent the whole of last year travelling around australia and sometimes my skin would seem slightly better presumably from being out in the sun but now that I'm back home in the cold my skin has got worse again. I just don't know what to do anymore. So I was wondering has anyone tried yasmin? Has it worked for you? I also found the proactiv website and I know the stuff is really dear but has that helped anyone? Or does anyone have any ideas at all in what to do? Like is there any alternative remedies, like herbal remedies anyone knows about?

I really am going crazy, I've spent my teenage years at school and university looking disgusting and ugly, I don't want to spend my adult years looking like this too, I know this is a long message and I'm sorry but if anyone could help me or recommend anything I would be so grateful. Thank you.

So since then I really haven't used much to wash my face except soap. Lately I have tried things like clearasil for sensitive skin. Which I am using just now. It leaves my skin quite dry though. Not entirely sure if it is helping the spots on my chin but the tiny pinprick spots that are usually on my forehead seem a bit better.

Are you using some kind of moisturiser for your skin??

I spent the whole of last year travelling around australia and sometimes my skin would seem slightly better presumably from being out in the sun but now that I'm back home in the cold my skin has got worse again. I just don't know what to do anymore. So I was wondering has anyone tried yasmin? Has it worked for you? I also found the proactiv website and I know the stuff is really dear but has that helped anyone? Or does anyone have any ideas at all in what to do? Like is there any alternative remedies, like herbal remedies anyone knows about?

Honestly I've never did the yasmin thing...

As far as "proactive" is concerned.. I have found more people during my time here to say negative things about proavtice rather then positive...

I'm one of them, btw.

I really am going crazy, I've spent my teenage years at school and university looking disgusting and ugly, I don't want to spend my adult years looking like this too, I know this is a long message and I'm sorry but if anyone could help me or recommend anything I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Well, first of all you could try the Clear Skin Regimen.

The problem with clearisil is it's very strong at 10% BP, while the regimen uses only 2.5% BP.

The creator of this site as been using the Regimen many years now, and countless others with all skin types have become clear by it. However, you have to give it 100% and really follow it as outlined to get the right results.

Hey,

I was on Yasmin for a year up until last November, and it seemed to help - my skin wasnt completely clear but it was better. When I came off though my skin went crazy, i started getting really large painful spots. I don't know if this was entirely due to the Yasmin because I also moved to Canada at the same time where the climate is really dry which my doctor said this will have a big effect on my skin. Anyways, I restarted yasmin about three weeks ago, and at first my skin also seemed to get worse but for the past three or four days its been starting to clear up. New spots are still coming, but they are smaller and less painful, and also probably fewer of them. I am also starting a new regime of uusing very little on my skin as I have been reading and it seems that harsh products seem to make it worse. Also, products like clearasil are designed specifically for teenagers whose skin is alot more resilient than adult skin. Our skin is more sensitive and needs to be treated very gently, I would recommend just using a very gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil. I don't know about Dan's regime,, I have not tried it althoough everyone seems to get very positive results on it. Hope any of this helps...