Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Knapper

What do you use?

What products do you use and how much are you paying?

• Neutrogena Men Triple Protect Face Lotion, SPF 20 - $6.49
  • Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula 0.75 oz / 2.5% benzoyl peroxide - $5.99
  • Neutrogena Body Clear Body Clear Body Scrub, Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment 8.5 oz / Salicylic Acid 2% - $5.99
  • Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub 5 oz / 2% Salicylic Acid (I hate this crap, smell makes my tummy hurt :( ) - $4.99

Total: $23.46/mo*

* I haven't really kept track on how long these last me, but I'm gonna say a month. I think the moisterized lasts a bit longer for me.

I don't use a scrub on my face (aha's keep my skin smooth and less flakey).

I do, however, use Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub on my upperback/upper arms/chest area (then use bp and an aha solution). Works really well for me. <shrug>

thknapp, if you're using the regimen, that face wash would be too harsh. Try something gentle, like Cetaphil or Purpose.

If you're not, I don't see why it wouldn't be ok. It will probably dry you out some, so use a moisturizer.

Oh and also, for money saving purposes you may want to switch to Dan's gel. It's $8.50 for 4 oz while Neutrogena is $5.99 for one. Big difference there. It also has a much better consistency and goes on much, much nicer. Just a thought.

I saw that (Dan's gel) lastnight and had I discovered it prior to my other purchase, I would have chosen differently. That's not to say that On the Spot hasn't worked well, it doesn't overdry and I've had good results with it, but $6 for 0.75oz is kinda crazy.

Oh well, when I finish this off I'll switch, but I also think I'm going to switch face wash to the Purpose Bar, it looks like it would save me a little money too.

Thank you WackyJacki and Illy for your recommendation. :]

You're welcome ;)

On the Spot works great for most people, it's just too damn expensive! If I could find a deal as good as Dan's gel in the store, I'd buy it.

You'll also appreciate the better consistancy. You can really tell the difference.

I don't have any experience with the Purpose Bar, but I assume it will work just fine. I use the liquid cleanser. A bottle lasts me a good 2 months or so at least and works great :dance:

Just keep trying til you find the right products. Check out the ratings on this site for some ideas for dif. cleansers/moisturizers, etc. You can hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! lol

http://www.acne.org/rate.php

Go to the browse section towards the bottom and go from there. Good luck! :)