Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fed Up Of This

Do you pick at your spots?

I never realised I had a big problem with picking and squeezing at my spots until Willow3 told me to have a look at this link in another post. After reading alot of it I really believe that the reason my skin is as bad as it is is because I am constantly squeezing at my spots and picking the skin off. As gross as it may sound I have now realised that this is a common problem for alot of acne sufferers for alot of different reasons.

I just wanted to post the link again so that anyone else who may have the same problem can have a read and maybe it will help them as much as it is helping me. It has made me determined to stop and although it has only been two days I have been fairly successful with only one 'relapse' this afternoon. My skin is looking alot less red and hopefully it will also improve the acne as less bacteria will spread as I touch my face less.

Please let me know if anyone else does this also and if so good luck with reading the book.

http://www.stoppickingonme.com

Oh and thanks so much to Willow3 for telling me about this book.

yeah i had a big problem with that too, and now that im on the regimen im doing my best not to touch anything. it really is tempting sometimes when you just think "well, it might look better if i scratch that off" or something like that. but the problem is it just makes it worse. it really does make your face better when you just leave it alone.

I pop whiteheads but only when I can clean them and apply neosporin. I just can't stand the site of whiteheads.

yeah, i wash the area with warm water, sterilize a needle, and lightly poke it, then applying some neosporin. that usually does a good job.

i think neosporin is supposed to help with redness/swelling. i've never used it, dont really like the idea of that kind of stuff on my face--but it gets good results from what i hear. i've always figured picking gets the crap outta there--healing faster! lol..sometimes it does make it worse though.