Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WI Tech Guy

Six Months into Dans Acne Regimen Program

Six Months into Dan's Acne Regimen Program

It's been a long 6 months since I started using Dan�€™s regimen with good & bad results, I happen find out about Dan Regimen site last year after going on a hunt for a more affordable skin care program compared to Proactive & Murad.

As I am somewhat pleased with the results I have been getting from this regimen I still have some minor acne from time to time along with some roughness & redness showing in my skin complexion.

So I need to ask everyone out there on the Acne broads again for their thoughts & comments on my tweaked regimen shown below.

My Daily Custom Regimen (Dan's regimen)

Morning/Night:

1. Shave with Emjoi Razor & Edge Advanced Gel W/ Aloe - Morning

2. Wash with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar - Pay dry, wait 5 mins

3. Use St Ives Apricot Scrub 2 Times a Week/Night

4. Apply Dan's BP gel - Morning/Night - wait 10 mins

5. Apply Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer w/ SPF 15 Day Lotion - Nightly

6. Use Murad Acne Spot Treatment when needed

I also started to keep up on my daily water intake of 8 to 10 glasses a day to help my skin stay hydrated.

I Have posted updated images of my face as on 3/28/2006.

You may view my updated images by clicking HERE

Quick Note

I noticed from the images I posted don't really show some of the redness & skin markings as the images are not that detailed. Please don't let the images overcome you as my face in not really that super clear yet.

I wish it was.

I will be looking forward to hearing what you can suggest to me to improve my skin even better.

Thanks Again

stop treating with that murad stuff isnt really that necessary

and that apricot scrub id lose if ur stil havin problems

my skin is clear now an all i do is

*Cleansing Wash*

wait til skil is dry

*Apply Dans BP*

wait 10-15mins

*apply moisturiser*

and im done!

*Cleansing Wash*

wait til skil is dry

*Apply Dans BP*

wait 10-15mins

*apply moisturiser*

and im done!

I'm mostly trying to put a end to having a oily face after applying Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer. So I dropped it down to using it once a night rather then applying it in the morning when my face can be seen all day as a oily mess.

What would you suggest to use for a Ance Spot Treatment if you think Murad a bad idea? I need some kind of Ance Spot Treatment to stop any ance that starts to to form on my face even with Dan's regimen.

i wudnt use spot treatment.

i dont an most of the ones that started to form in the past die away again coz im not messin with them

*Cleansing Wash*

wait til skil is dry

*Apply Dans BP*

wait 10-15mins

*apply moisturiser*

and im done!

just keep it this simple. 3 simple steps.

DONT drop the scrub, I personally believe its crap that derms claim scrub is bad for everybody, if you're seeing good results, don't drop it.

Ok if you have super sensetive skin, sure, don't use it.

I use it every single night, and my skin is great, if I dont use it, I get flakes, so ummmm lets try to understand that not everybody is the same.

Well, everybody is entitled to their opinion, this is true.

But, this person is experiencing ongoing redness, the first thing I would lose WOULD be that scrub. For alot of people scrubs are simply too harsh. The grains leave small tears in the skin which then leaves them vulnerable to bacterial invasion.

I wish I had learned 20 years ago how bad scrubs are on acne-prone skin, I could have saved myself years of irritation.

I just would like to thanks everyone for their input on this problem I'm still having with redness & skin complexion on my face.

I took everyone advise on discontinuing use of a scrub for the next month to see if I notice any changes in the amount of redness on my face.

Regimen Update

I started using a older product I used with the regimen again as a mask as it seems to be refreshing my skin/pores. The name of this product is Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleaner/Mask.

In regards to using Moisturizer, I been using like 2 pumps of Eucerin Skin Renewal Moisturizer on each side of my face nightly. so I mostly would like to look into a Moisturizer/Redness reducer lotion that known to work with this regimen. Any Ideas??

I agree with (most) everybody else: lose the scrub. The St. Ives, I've heard, is particularly bad, because the little apricot bits are so gritty that, as Brandy said, they can cause tears. If you feel that you absolutely HAVE to exfoliate, I think you would be better off removing your flakes gently with a clean washcloth.

If you're looking for a spot treatment, I've found that alpha hydroxy creams work great to speed the life cycle of a zit, without adding extra irritation. I use a generic 8% cream from Walgreens (white tub, black lid), but you can also buy similar products made by Alpha Hydrox. I just dab a little on the affected area after applying my moisturizer. :)

eya, like you wi-tech dude, i also too need a moisturizer, that must goes on and u cant feel it afterwards....any gel based ones anyone knows of? that doesnt cause acne?

Guest yahyah

The moisturisers I'm using (check out my sig) are fantastic... the cocoa butter takes a little getting used to but definately no dryness or redness and it fades red marks... the anti-wrinkle cream is really just as a precaution (starting to feel old lately... nearly 24!) BUT ITs a fantastic combo.. think its also got aha's in it... And no acne!

I would drop the scrub for sure, it only acts to open pores and spread bacteria causing more spots. I was using the same scrub for 6 months and my skin didnt improve. I stopped using it a week ago and there is already a noticable improvement. I am sure this is at least partly coonnected to the scrub.

AHA's are a natural exfoilent and help to clear pores so would do the same job as a scrub only less harsher. They loosen and help to strip dead cells from the skin so i would include a moisturiser with AHA in.

i love the st. ives apricot scrub. I use it day and night 7 days a week. I dont get any redness at all and my face looks so refreshed afterwards. This one time i switched to a regular cleanser and i broke out horribly. I guess it just depends on the person.

Ecurin left me with fucken nice clogged pores... Never using any ecurin product again... I porbable didnt spell it right... I would do the scrub maybe 2 times a week... When you use the scrub dont message it in... do it gentle over the skin... If you want a gentle scrub i would suggest olay age defying cleanser... It has micro beads that dont cause any bothersome effects... ITs clearing out my pores nicely since i used the eucerin product... Clearing out the pores will take a few months but as long you do it the same everyday and softly they will be gone...

As for the oil.... You could not be waiting enough time for the product to sink in the skin leaving a trace of it making shine... i notice if i dont message product completly into the skin it makes my face a bit shinny or hella shinny i should say... I have a theory if you use to much bp more then a finger full for entire face your just wasting product... the skin only can absorb so much products...

I would recommend waiting longer to apply the BP after you wash your face. If you can, I would wait up to 20 or 25 minutes after washing your face before applying the BP. This helped me with redness and dryness.

Good luck!