Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMacbeth998

Do you avoid looking at other people's acne?

There's this guy I work with, who has pretty severe acne. All the other coworkers REALLY stare at his skin, and it makes him uncomfortable. Whenever I talk to him, I make sure to only look straight into his eyes, because I know what it feels like. I'm always paranoid that someone is looking at my red marks if they don't make complete eye contact with me. Or maybe I'm just letting my paranoia carry me away.

I can never make complete eye contact really. I just can't stand looking at one place to often. It really gets to me. I also can never tell when someone is looking at my eyes or at my face.

I don't really see the point in looking at someones eyes. As long as you don't stare at a pimple or there breasts(Tee hee I said breasts) I don't see a problem going over there face.

It's a sign of maturity to look someone in the eyes when they're talking to you. I find it VERY annoying when people don't look me in the eye so I always make a point of looking directly in their eyes. If they don't, I get the impression that they're dishonest or cowardly...

My eyes wander alot so when I'm talking to people a good portion of the time, I'm not looking them in the eyes. Doesn't matter if it's a hot girl or someone who has severe acne. People are always staring at my eyes (mostly because they're so striking :D ) but I can't do the same. It's not being rude, it's just me being who I am.

My eyes wander alot so when I'm talking to people a good portion of the time, I'm not looking them in the eyes. Doesn't matter if it's a hot girl or someone who has severe acne. People are always staring at my eyes (mostly because they're so striking :D ) but I can't do the same. It's not being rude, it's just me being who I am.

Thats how I am.

Thats how I am.

Me too! I think it's also that I can get distracted pretty easily.

I like eye contact but not all the time, it just feels... weird for me. If the other person has eye contact 100% of the time, I get weirded out. Anyway, to stay on topic- yeah I try to make eye contact with people if we're interacting up close. If I'm farther away, I might take in their face (and sneak looks), but it's the same for people with and without acne. If I'm attracted to someone, I either make good eye contact or spend most of the time looking at their face and checking them out =P, I think I'm pretty obvious that way. It's my revenge for all those times guys did that to me- you know, the first thing they look at is your chest, and many guys continue to stare at it unabashedly while you're talking to them. :naughty:

I always try to look someone in their eyes, but I do tend to look down to the ground after a period of time for only second then im right back looking eye to eye. I can also feel when someone is looking at me which most the time makes me feel self conscious.