Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnoune

accutane and breakouts

hey everyone...i know there have been postings already regarding accutane and the initial break out that's possible, but i've been searching and i can't seem to locate any right now! i also don't want to stress about it too much, but i'm considering accutane for my mild acne and was wondering what experiences any of you have had with the initial breakout. i've heard that it's not as common as we think, or that it is, or that it just depends, or that there needs be a full moon....so i just wanted to get some feedback. anyone have a huge breakout or barely one at all, or somewhere in between? just wondering, thanks guys!

if you go on accutane, expect an initial breakout. if you don't get one, bonus. if you do, you're prepared.

the intensity depends for everyone, but for me lasted for about 2-3 weeks.

check out the accutane logs :)

if i go on antibotics right before accutane, would I still get a initial break out?

thanks.

My initial breakout lasted about 2-3 weeks too. My case was mild to moderate before accutane.

Be ready for an initial breakout. If not, well good for you!

I had moderate acne on my jawline before I started accutane, so from my personal

experience and from seeing other's pictures if you have an initial breakout it will be as

bad as the acne you have. ie. moderate acne = moderate breakout, severe acne =

severe breakout. My IB was an enhancement of what was already on my face.

I could notice it got a little worse (not enough to write home about though). I havn't

seen any pics or read any logs where a mild acne victim suffers with a severe acne

breakout from accutane.

BULLSHIT!!!!!! I am 4 months in and I am still breaking out. Sometimes that initial breakout for some people isn't exactly.......initial,

You just happen to be unlucky then!

One of the best philosophies is to always expect the worst, that way you won't be

dissappointed.

Like everyone else here, I had a pretty minor IB, lasting 2-3 weeks. However, I was on Retin-A right up till I started my course, which could help account for why it was so minor. There really wasn't a lot of gunk hiding out underneath the surface to push out.

these responses are all really helpful, especially regarding expecting the same type of IB you would normally have (i.e. mild acne = mild IB). i appreciate it guys! again, i'm not the type to stress too much about it, i just want to prepare myself for everything that could be possible w/ accutane.