Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I wrote. Few months ago I was terrible not severe acne but it was bad. To go from a clear skin to a face full of pimples was horrible. On top of that I was hit with stress. I went to a derm and he gave me atibiotics (mino) who told me it was going to get worse and then better. for three months it was bad my neck was horrible, red and it was iching so bad. I decided to cope with it for three months. No more antibiotics, most of my pimples cleared but i do get pimples on my forehead nose and chin, t zone to be exact. But definitely not as bad as it was. I guess it was most of it because of the stress. I would, cry everyday, didn't go out, and everything changed since then. Eventhough I look much much better I still get stress I guess becuase mostly I am scared to go back to were I was. 13 days ago My boyfriends mother suggested anti depressants, clomipramine, for 10 days to see how i react to them and I slept like a baby, during the day I would forget about some few of the pimples I have and would take wonderful naps.lol.. My face was much better I guess because of the sleep I was getting. and no more bad moods. 3 days ago I stopped with the pills. The next day I could not sleep again and today I decided to read about stress and acne and let me tell you stress does have something to do with my pimples. If I continue with the anti depressants I need to take them for 6 weeks. wow I wrote a lot sorry, but Please do let me know your thoughts about it!!

Evelyn.

Guest Tenshi

yeah i mean we have all been there..had our phase where we either went away for a few weeks, had a good 9 hr sleep evreyday or just out with friends and not worrying about our skin..that's why ppl say the "do nothing" method sometimes works..i think there is something to it.. a mentla feeling can trigger a physical reaction..there is a scientific explanation behind it..something to do with the brain and our blood cells.. yeah but of course..it's all about feeling balanced and spiritually well. Instead of anti-depressants , meditation or yoga, diet can work just aswell..im just 1 that doesnt beleive in anti depressants...u should try to beat it naturally if u ever wanna feel your true self..bu ti understand why too....fatigue is a terrible thing to overcome..

yeah i mean we have all been there..had our phase where we either went away for a few weeks, had a good 9 hr sleep evreyday or just out with friends and not worrying about our skin..that's why ppl say the "do nothing" method sometimes works..i think there is something to it.. a mentla feeling can trigger a physical reaction..there is a scientific explanation behind it..something to do with the brain and our blood cells.. yeah but of course..it's all about feeling balanced and spiritually well. Instead of anti-depressants , meditation or yoga, diet can work just aswell..im just 1 that doesnt beleive in anti depressants...u should try to beat it naturally if u ever wanna feel your true self..bu ti understand why too....fatigue is a terrible thing to overcome..

I know what you are saying, but it is so difficult to manage my stress. I tried everything I did in fact try meditation techniques but it did not work for me. I am totally Late with my sleep and the doctor also gave me sleeping pills for 7 days. But again I am not sleeping because of the stress. Therefore With this anti-depressants I manage to lower the stress and get some sleep both at once.

Thank you so much for your reply, talking about it also helps to lower the stress. If you want some advice about anything I WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP

Evelyn