Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone know the difference between neosporin and polysporin? Which one is most effective for healing knew acne or for healing old scars?

im not sure but i think that they are the same thing. Just two very similar products with similar names.

Yeah you're both wrong.

Polysporin is essentially Neosporin without neomycin. a broad spectrum antibiotic that gives the "Neo" to Neosporin. Neomycin is prescription-only in many non-US countries, hence why this question comes up a lot when people can't find Neosporin in their country.

I've used both and I find Neosporin more effective. Not loads more effective, but more effective.

Now don't get me wrong, Poly is still good. It has some good antibiotics in there too and has all the active ingredients of Neosporin minus neomycin. But it is missing that antibiotic, which is arguably the strongest active ingredient of Neosporin.

Awesome thanks for the replies. And I appreciate that you guys say things like "im not sure" or "could be wrong" when you're not absolutely sure. :)