Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! everybody!

I'm happy I found this site (hope I would have found it before)

I'm 22 right now, but when I was 16 pimples started to come out, first they were only a few, but then they were too many, they were all over my face.

The dermatologist told me to use 10% Benzoyl Peroxide after some antibiotics.

I still use 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, yes it cleans my face, but I still have pimples, at this right moment I can see 3, my cheeks are red and my cheek's skin is like an orange.

My question is:

Is it going to be like this forever?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for taking the time to read. ;)

How are you applying the 10% BP? First off, is it a wash or a lotion? Are you putting it just on spots, affected regions, or your whole face? How often? Are you using any moisturizer with it? My guess is that the 10% BP is helping your acne but also irritating the skin around it a lot. Moisturizing with a good oil-free moisturizer will definitely help, I think, but you might also consider to switching to a 2.5% BP product--it's much less irritating but just as effective as 10%.

How are you applying the 10% BP? First off, is it a wash or a lotion? Are you putting it just on spots, affected regions, or your whole face? How often? Are you using any moisturizer with it? My guess is that the 10% BP is helping your acne but also irritating the skin around it a lot. Moisturizing with a good oil-free moisturizer will definitely help, I think, but you might also consider to switching to a 2.5% BP product--it's much less irritating but just as effective as 10%.

After washing my face, I apply BP gel on active spots and the area around the active spots, every night, everyday.

The dermatologist told me not to use any moisturizer: "if the death skin falls, then it regenerates faster"

I'm moving to the 2.5 % BP . I live in mexico city. but could you name some moisturizers?

Thanks. :angel:

After washing my face, I apply BP gel on active spots and the area around the active spots, every night, everyday.

The dermatologist told me not to use any moisturizer: "if the death skin falls, then it regenerates faster"

I'm moving to the 2.5 % BP . I live in mexico city. but could you name some moisturizers?

Thanks. :angel:

i have used many moisturizers inthe past. now i'm using clinique - in a gel form and it is soo good. it absords really well into the skin - never feeling oily and it feels nice.