Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

I got ACCUTANE!!!!!

Ok everyone I had my appt. today and after the 3rd one this month... he agreed to give it to me :dance::dance::dance::dance: im really excited lol! BUT technically I cant start it for another month because of this ipledge crap! He asked me when I was getting my period next.. i said next week.. and he said come back on your second period so we can do a pregnancy test and then I can start it but thats a Month away!!!! Does anyone know if this is correct or if there is any other way around this to get it sooner?????? I mean would i be able to go in like 3 weeks and tell him im on my 2nd period because perhaps my cycle is not regular? would he know i was lying? This is so retarded!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

That's total bullshit....How long have you been on Yasmin??? I'd just go back in like two weeks and say "Okay I got my second period" If he questions you just say it could just be heavy spotting from the Yasmin (the first few months can cause spotting). I doubt he'll actually check.....unless he ask you how many packs you took (the bleeding during the placebo week is technically your "period"), then your screwed......

If you can't get it until next month then keep using the retin-a micro.....your inital breakout on tane won't be as bad.....

EDIT: I guess you signature is up to date......totally possible to have two periods in one month if it's your fist month....

Haha yeah thats what I am going to do... go in about 3 weeks and tell him I got my period 2 days after I saw him (today) and that I got it again in 3 weeks... ill just say "must be because I'm not used to the pill" but technically ive been on yasmin for 2 and 1/2 weeks. I mean I didnt know if the ipledge program checks to see if your derm waited a month or what but ill be upset if there was any way he could have given it to me sooner because he knows my situation. And yes I will be continuing my antibiotics and retinA everyday until the day I pop the first pill in my mouth... i am praying for a small IB.. 4 years ago on accutane i broke out serverely for 3 months straight! but i wasnt on any topicals or medicatio prior to taking it.

Just a question...

How bad would you say your acne was when you saw youe derm today? I mean how much of your face did it effect and were the lesions like whitheads and blackheads, pustules and papules or worse??

I just curious because when I was using my topicals my skin wasn't really that bad. I'd get a few zits a month (the last two months I got way more than just a few) and every now and then I 'd get a cyst or two....It was only mild inflammatory acne.....But off my topicals it's getting pretty bad, I'm just not sure if it's bad enough yet? It's painful and my glands are swollen, but one side of my face doesn't look that bad, maybe, like five or six redmarks.....the other side had like 15 pustules and papules, and I have a cyst on my chin.....But I think if I see my derm he'll be like I told you you need antibiotics.....which I have absolutely no interest in.....

LABGIRL:

Ok 1.5 weeks ago when I saw him I had like 4-6 big painful white surfaced (i dont know the techical names) only on my left side. My right side, chin, and forehead were perfect. At that time he prescribed me retinA to go additional to my doxy and klaron and told me he wnated to see me in a month. To me this was stupid on his part because he should know i was going to breakout since most people within the first 4-6 weeks on retinA.

Well now 1.5 weeks later... my left side scabby and red marks everywhere.. and my right side had 2 huge white filled pimples (i think there were multiply pimples all in one) and I was starting to get bumps on my right side also. So basically i look twice as bad but thats all thanks to the retinA! Yet I think that a lot of it had to do with the fact that i had been so persistant... today was my 3rd time in his office in the past month not to mention the page long letter I sent him on top on that. He didnt even really look at me.. all he did was say okay lets get it started... he did however mention that he still doesnt think im servere enough but still went along filling everything out. I hope that answered your question.

And now I have one for you.... is there a way he can tell if i pull that whole period in 3 weeks scandal? Also how do u feel about birth control in general.. i really dont like being on it and im not sexually active whatsoever.... thanks :D

Guest Tenshi

derms are crazy they made sure i was on the pill, then a blood test and then even at 4 months they tested me for pregnancy again... :rolleyes: even after i said no, i dont even have sex..so i guess they just have to take precautions incase they get in trouble..i'd just go early too if i was u..u know your body better then anyone..

But does everyone have to wait a month or is it just me?

Everyone has to wait a month. The federal government has made it mandatory for all new accutane patients to receive a pregnancy test and then to wait 30 days. Even if your derm. had given you the prescription before the 30 day mandatory waiting period, your pharmacist would not have been able to fill it. You should recieve a card that has your accutane registration number on it. (It came in your ipledge booklet and is given to you by your derm.) The pharmacist scans this card, and if it is rejected because of insufficient waiting time, then he/she can't fill the prescription. I know it sucks, but no doctor will risk his/her practice for one patient's acne problem. I have exactly 12 days left before I can start, so I know right where you are. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I swear it feels like I'm 5 years old and waiting for Christmas, but I am also a med. student, so I understand the professtional risks involved. It sucks, but some people complained to federal government, and now the federal government has chosen to regulate the distrubution of this med. I guess we should just be happy that the med wasn't pulled all together, because there are individuals who believe that this medication should not be available to anyone! Be patient and good luck!!!! :angel:

Ok everyone I had my appt. today and after the 3rd one this month... he agreed to give it to me :dance::dance::dance::dance: im really excited lol! BUT technically I cant start it for another month because of this ipledge crap! He asked me when I was getting my period next.. i said next week.. and he said come back on your second period so we can do a pregnancy test and then I can start it but thats a Month away!!!! Does anyone know if this is correct or if there is any other way around this to get it sooner?????? I mean would i be able to go in like 3 weeks and tell him im on my 2nd period because perhaps my cycle is not regular? would he know i was lying? This is so retarded!!!

Girl, listen to this there's good news. I dunno where you live but if you live in a city I'm sure there is tons of pharmacies around, some don't do that program. RiteAid given it to me no problem, CVS participates in it. Search some pharmacies and you don't need that shit :D

I have been on accutane 4 times. The last time was 2 years ago. There were no generics then and none of this i pledge bull. Anyway i refuse to have pimples period not even 1 so i am going back on accutane, number 5. I also have to wait another 3 weeks because they now need 2 negative pregnancies. By the way, i also have no insurance. This is gonna cost me about 1,000 dollars a month. It is def worth every penny. I would pay 2,000 if i had to.

Xindel:

The problem is that he didnt give me the prescription yet... hes going to give it to me when i go back for my second pregnancy test so nice try but not going to work...

How do i know when the "ipledge" will approve my prescription? You know im really happy i didnt wait till my appt. April 17th (when he wanted me to come back) because i would have had to wait another month and i would not have been a happy camper!

you have to wait a month? holy shit. i thought i had it bad, good thing i'm not a girl. that sucks. it'd be pissed as hell. i'm sorry..

how many burning hoops do you have to jump through geez

I mean you already probably have a monthly checkup and blood test and pregnancy test

why the hell did they add this in again if it wasn't enstated before when the warnings about pregnancy and accutane were CLEARLY on the package for every little blister you opened?

sorry you have to go through this wait

such crap I say!

hope it works out though

If I had your derm I'd be in business already. It seems like my derm need my acne to be severe before he'll prescribe anything more than topicals and antibiotics (which I will never ever take). And severe it will get. I may try to see a different derm in a couple months, and two weesk before I'll start using my retin-a and nothing else.....until I start my course....I will get Accutane!!

About the period thing. It really common to get your period twice your first month (especially if you didn't wait until your period to start the pack). There's no way of him actually knowing, I'd rely more on a preganacy test that your period anyway. Women can be pregnant and still have period like bleeding or spottig for the fisrst few months. So it's not even a true indicator of pregnancy....especially if your on the pill.... On the pill you don't actually have periods and you don't need periods on the pill. You only bleed due to estrogen withdrawl....it's not a true peroid anyway. He's a dermatologist not a gyno.....he can't check if you really have your period. If you want to get your period....skip a few pills (BUT DON"T HAVE SEX!!!!!). You will start to spot in a few days......

I don't mind being on birth control. I was on Orthotricyclen for 4 years. At first my boobs got huge (not reaaly a desired side effect) and my skin got a little clearer in a few months. It helped my sebum production too at first. My periods were lighter and not painful (and regular!!!)....it wasn'tso bad...

I did get migranes, which may have been related, and it killed my sex drive....but if you aren't sexually active, that won't bother you.....

RiteAid given it to me no problem, CVS participates in it. Search some pharmacies and you don't need that shit

Those pharmacies will lose their licenses if the FDA finds out that they are doing that. Pharmacies can not order new supplies of Accutane without participating in the program, so at best you may be able to find a pharmacy that will sell you their old stock. Although why you'd trust a pharmacy that's thumbing their noses at federal regulations is really beyond me.

cutiexoxo121,

I see now, well as long as he got your pregnancy test done, he has to give you the prescription so I think. After that you have to wait for Ipledge, fuck that and try what I told you but if you still can't do it, I dunno what then.

Those pharmacies will lose their licenses if the FDA finds out that they are doing that. Pharmacies can not order new supplies of Accutane without participating in the program, so at best you may be able to find a pharmacy that will sell you their old stock. Although why you'd trust a pharmacy that's thumbing their noses at federal regulations is really beyond me.

God Ipledge sucks SO BAD! I am running into the same problems. I had my first pregnancy test done, a urine test today...and they told me I have to go back when I have my actual period and get a 2nd blood pregnancy test. Aye!!!! That's not for another 2 weeks or so.

Anyway.. I went for my appointment today and my derm was fantastic. This is the first time I've seen her, because I usually go to her nurse practioner. She eased my worries so much.. She said only about 50 percent of patients get the initial breakout...most people only get dry lips and towards the end of the course get achey muscles and stuff... She said that she thinks I will completely love this treatment and she tried to inject my ugly cyst but I said No LOL

But all this Ipledge bullshit is so obnoxious. I'm sick of bloodwork and I haven't even started my course yet. lol I hate Ipledge...

I am going to start at 40 mgs, though..and she said if I tolerate that I can go to 80 mgs. That seems like ALOT, but we shall see. I found a pharmacy nearby that sells the generic for 179$ which is AWESOME because everywhere else it is like 270$.

So I finally just bought insurance specifically for Accutane. It's expensive, but not as bad as paying up front for it, plus I'd really like to have the insurance for other issues. Anyway, I'm having trouble following all of this. If I make my first derm appt. for Accutane in a couple of days, how long do you think it will take before I'm actually on the drug!? This is so ridiculous...I have to do the IPLEDGE crap, blood work, pregnancy tests, not to even mention I'm paying an arm and a leg AND it might require prior authorization with my new insurance too. I swear to God, this better work. I can't believe I'm doing all of this. It should be so much simpler...I just want to take the pills!!!