Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Kaelynd

[Pictures Added]I just want this over with

Guest Kaelynd

I'm counting down the days until I can start accutane.

I cant handle this anymore, I cant handle the stares.

It brings me down as a person, I'm less confident, less outgoing, I'm less of who I know I should be.

I wake up every morning and I want to die.

I hate walking down the halls with my friends, they all have perfect skin, perfect bodies, perfect lives, they are as close to perfect as it gets. & then theres me. The gross one.

The other day I heard myself being referred to as Queen Ugly of the Beautifuls, I just wanted to bawl.

I feel so miserable all the time.

I have zero confidence in myself anymore.

Countdown: 23 days until accutane

Myself Below

Without Acne(earlier this year, while on erythromician):

IPB Image

And With Acne(On No medication, taken earlier this week):

IPB Image

What that person said about you is absolutely disgusting, and I'm really sorry that there are jerkoffs in your life like that. Just keep in mind that in 7 months or so (whenever your accutane course finishes) that you'll have skin just as clear as that of the person who called you "Queen Ugly of the Beautifuls". It's tough having lots of beautiful friends with clear skin when you don't, I know how you feel. They don't understand why you take so long to wash your face or why you don't want to try on dresses with them, and a whole bunch of other things. I'm glad I go to a college with lots of ugly smart people now instead of my high school with clear-skinned beautiful people, and even though I'm still friends with my beautiful high school friends, I'm happier around people who don't have so much invested in their appearances.

I am really sorry to hear that hun, but maybe I can cheer you up and say everyone else is just jealous that you are beautiful and they know you are gorgeous underneath fucking acne. On top of that I bet you are still prettier than most girls in ur school with acne and all they can do is make fun of you to feel better about themselves cause they don't have a lot of acne. Anyways, I'm happy that you are starting accutane. What type of acne do you have, large cysts or just an abundance of whiteheads. I'm pretty confident that no matter what kind of acne you have that it will work for you. I'm not saying it will work right away (I was on it for almost 11 months :cry: ) but i'm sure it is going to change around your life. Best of luck to you and there are so many people here including myself who know a shit load about the dreaded 'tane lol. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :wub:

It brings me down as a person, I'm less confident, less outgoing, I'm less of who I know I should be.

I hate walking down the halls with my friends, they all have perfect skin, perfect bodies, perfect lives, they are as close to perfect as it gets. & then theres me. The gross one.

The other day I heard myself being referred to as Queen Ugly of the Beautifuls, I just wanted to bawl.

:comfort: hei don't be like that!... don't be so sad. The people around us are really shallow and you surely should not care about the opinion of someone who could actually say something like that. I know it's really hard and we all know what acne can do to someone's life but i'm hoping your negativity will fade with time. It's kinna funny but acne has its good parts, as in making our hearts more open, less critic eye and defenetly more compassionate. I'm praying :pray: accutane will do for you exactly what you wish from it. And try to be less effected... i pretty much skipped all my college classes because i didn't want to go outdoors...

Think of your priorities...

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! ;)

Whoever said Queen ugly NEEDS to break out horribly for at least 1 year straight to see what it's like.

Whoever said Queen ugly NEEDS to break out horribly for at least 1 year straight to see what it's like.

wishing acne upon others doesn't solve anything accept infecting the population with more people with our problem, if you believe in karma she'll get hers in the long run one way or another .

As others have mentioned, know that you're not alone. The problem of acne is a collective struggle, one that takes a lot of perseverance to get through. In the end, you'll be a much stronger and more compassionate person than all those inconsiderate and self-centered people who may seem "perfect" on the outside but empty and revolting inside.

Accutane worked wonders for my skin. My biggest regret is not taking it earlier. During high school when my acne was at its worst, I had an almost non-existent social life, never had a girlfriend, never even dated. My personality was very reserved and it was very hard for me to make and maintain eye contact during conversations. My self-esteem and self-confidence were extremely low. All I did was study my ass off and get good grades, which was pretty much one of the very few highlights of high school.

After Accutane, however, my social life really changed for the better. College has been SO much better than high school. Although i'm still a bit reserved, I am more outgoing now and much more involved socially, in groups and other activites. But then again, i can't oversocialize or the $20k tuition per year will just be a waste, heh. The G in COLLEGE should stand for "grades."

Anyways, when you're finished with the Accutane, hopefully you'll be part of the 50% that never gets serious acne again. When your acne does clear up, live life to the fullest and be proud of the fact that you can empathize with others who are suffering from the same physical and psychological tolls imposed by serious acne. Again, you'll be a far braver and more sympathetic person after getting through this struggle. Hope everything goes well for you!

Guest Kaelynd

Thank you so much to everyone, it helps although its still hard not to get down over in.

In reply.

I dont really know what my acne is classified as anymore. I used to have mild acne-- then went on tons of different meds, they didnt work. I'm currently on no medication until accutane, and my skin is breaking out horrible although no cysts-- I've never had them. Which I am very thankful for.

1. You look fine.

2. Good luck with the accutane.

3. Don't worry too much. You seem like a decent person, so your life is bound to improve once you get past the horror that is high school.

Your story sounds *exactly* like mine. How old are you? Well, I'm a 14 yr old and like you i was clear in the beggining of the school year. Then, i started to get a bit of acne but I shrugged it off since it was only a couple of pimples. In a matter of weeks, my acne got horrible. I went on tons of medications and most of them didnt really do anything at all-OR made it worse. Right now Im on Minocycline and its working pretty well. Currently, my skin looks a lot like yours. Mostly red marks. Anyway, don't worry about it.. you are very pretty and whoever told you that is OBVIOUSLY jealous. There's alot of evil people in this world, you just gotta learn to ignore them ;) I got called MANY horrible things, which are not even worth mentioning.

Don't give em a reaction, that's what they want.. don't step down to their level. :angel:

Guest Kaelynd

I just wanted to say your cute :D

Thank you.

I would classify your acne as mild and to be honest i'm even surprised you got presribed accutane for that. I wouldn't be shocked at all if you are clear within 3 months

I'd be so relieved if it does only take 3 months. Honestly when I look at the pictures it doesnt seem that bad either, but you have to take into consideration, its usually cosiderably worse than that + scarring, & back acne.

Your story sounds *exactly* like mine. How old are you? Well, I'm a 14 yr old and like you i was clear in the beggining of the school year. Then, i started to get a bit of acne but I shrugged it off since it was only a couple of pimples. In a matter of weeks, my acne got horrible. I went on tons of medications and most of them didnt really do anything at all-OR made it worse. Right now Im on Minocycline and its working pretty well. Currently, my skin looks a lot like yours. Mostly red marks. Anyway, don't worry about it.. you are very pretty and whoever told you that is OBVIOUSLY jealous. There's alot of evil people in this world, you just gotta learn to ignore them ;) I got called MANY horrible things, which are not even worth mentioning.

Don't give em a reaction, that's what they want.. don't step down to their level. :angel:

I'm 15, Gr.10 I've had problems with acne since I was in gr.8 so around age 13 is when it started.

Thank you all for your replies. I'm going to be sure to start a gallery/ accutane log once I start

<3

yeah, good luck with the accutane. your acne doesnt look that bad, so im sure you will be pretty clear in no time. and like other people have said, you definitely arent alone. i used to feel pretty awesome about myself, and i was considered good-looking by a lot of people. im not trying to brag, its just what people said. but then this year i started to receive some really bad breakouts, and its just really fucking hard to have to get up every morning and go to school knowing you dont look as good as you can look, and then having all these perfect people stare at you and just not really care about your feelings. Its just a really sucky thing. i wish you the best of luck.