Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
verysadgirl

my scar update

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted so I thought I would give an update. I have been using a combination of Super Cop 2X, retin-A and other retinoids, and a couple of peels over the past 10 months or so. I thought that my skin tone had improved a lot, and that the scars had become more shallow. But I just took some photos, which are now in my gallery, and things look worse to me. I am hoping that this is just because the initial photos were too poor to capture the true situation then, but I'm not sure. Anyway, if you have a moment to look. Please let me know what you think.

thanks,

VSG

Thanks so much for looking. It is really hard for me to judge these things myself. Sometimes, the bad spots are all I see.

Does anyone have any ideas about future treatment? Should I keep going with the reintoids and copper? I did one peel last Friday -- it was the first one since the fall. I don't really think it did much, so I'm not sure if I should do another anytime soon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

i looked at your pics... your depressed about those scars?

O my, your skin looks great, just a few red spots. Move on, many people on this site would love to have your skin :)

I agree with Drew and I have said it a number of times, your scars are very impercievable and yes you can make them worse if you keep messing with your skin with all these topicals. Be happy not sad. Your nick makes it sound like your skin would be hopeless but to me it seems the very opposite.

Sweetheart, your scarring is very minimal at best. I think you need to move on with your life. Forget about your skin, cause it looks pretty damn near perfect. James

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my photos. Also, thank you for your honest answers. I also want to say how much this site and all of you have helped me. My situation is a lot better than it was when I first came here, and it is because of the info I have learned here.

It does make me feel encouraged when you say that you think my scarring is minor. And I do know that it is minor compared with many on this site. But please understand that it is difficult to show the real effect in photos (some things look better, some things look worse). I can tell you that several people, including family and friends, have mentioned my scars to me out of serious concern. Also, I am currently seeing a dermatologist, who says that my scarring is minor compared to what they see, but suggested I see a plastic surgeon. Anyway, I am really sorry if my posts make anyone feel worse about their own scarring, as I feel worse sometimes when I read posts by people with less scarring, especially those that are worried about only 1 or 2 scars.

When I created my username I was feeling so incredibly hopeless. I don't feel as bad now, but I don't know what to change it to...anyway, I will think about a better one.

Drew and James, thanks for your encouraging comments -- and by the way, Drew, your pics look awesome! Pocket Aces -- thanks for the advice. Right now I don't think I am harming my skin with the topicals I am using, but I will keep your warning in mind not to overdo it. By the way, can you remind me what type of scarring you have?

VSG,

I have what I consider very mild scarring here and there that is not apparently in most lighting at all. However I have two scars on the high side of my one of cheeks which due to their location have frequent chances of catching bad lighting. One is a boxcar that I think is fairly noticeable, not too deep but wide enough to cause concern. The other is a shallow rolling that isn't too bad but can still cause noticeable shadows in bad lighting. It compounds the problem since they are right next to each other. I am looking at possible spot treatments with either CROSS and/or Fraxel.

I am truly shocked that your friends/family have mentioned your scarring at all.

I know what you mean about how having the scars close together compounds the problem. All of my scars are concentrated in different areas. I have about 5 on my left side very close together, and on my right I have 2 larger boxcars right on my cheekbone and numerous shallow scars underneath. None of my scars on its own is that serious, but taken together produces a texture that is pretty bad in certain lighting. I am thinking of trying needling with Frank, just on the scar patches.

VSG,

I have what I consider very mild scarring here and there that is not apparently im most lighting. However I have two scars on the high side of my one of cheeks which due to their location have frequent chances of catching bad lighting. One is a boxcar that I think is fairly noticeable, not too deep but wide enough to cause concern. The other is a shallow rolling that isn't too bad but can still cause noticeable shadows in bad lighting. It compounds the problem since they are right next to each other. I am looking at possible spot treatments with either CROSS and/or Fraxel.

I am truly shocked that your friends/family have mentioned your scarring at all.