Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SomeGuy123

breakout tips

I was clear until sunday when i started using jojoba oil. Now i have about 6 pimples and one big ass red thing on my face.

What happened? i was so close to being acne-free.

Anybody have any suggestions on whether or not i should stop using jojoba oil, or was it a coincidence that i had a breakout when i started using jojoba?

Please help.

it could be coincidence, or it could be the oil.

If it were me, I would drop the oil since that was the last thing you changed before the breakout occurred.

Get back on the Regimen properly, it sounds like it was working pretty well before.

thats why i aint using jobba flobba robber oil or whatever its called.

sounds a bit of a new thingy that might work but might not

id prefere to stick with an AHA Moisturiser an jus wait a bit longer but stay clear ehhe

It seems like too much of a coincidence that i started the oil and a few days later i break out. im gunna stop using it and see what happens.

it does make your skin soft though. :D

Damien, what is AHA?

Guest yahyah

It seems like too much of a coincidence that i started the oil and a few days later i break out. im gunna stop using it and see what happens.

it does make your skin soft though. :D

Damien, what is AHA?

Alfa Hydroxy Acid... if that's how you spell it. It helps to smooth/clear red marks, although its not recommended for use early on in the regimen.

yea i started the regimen proper feb 1st an i dint apply AHA til about 2weeks in2 regimen.

granted my skin didnt improve really until the last 3weeks but thats coz i switched to dans CSR gel.

AHA is lactic acid usually an its made from acids in fruit originally so it seems to feel like it stings ur skin, (i relate that to the way lemons sting ur eyes i guess hehe)

but its not like lemon juice before u worry, its the same as a moisturiser that happens to sting a bit :)

but the stinging stops after a few times of using it.

the eucerin skin renewal moisturizer has aha in it. i like it a lot. and my face has been reacting well.

i, too, had breakouts with jojoba added in. i took it out of the regimen and my skin's feeling and looking better already. i don't think i really needed it. i know it smooths the skin, but you dont want partially smooth skin with incoming breakouts.

yea u might have2 take a risk brother..

eucerin make damn good products hto

cant even think of a post that suggests eucerin has caused them to breakout.

Hi all,

Jojoba seemed to make me break out for a little while when i used it. I had heard that this stuff was 'solid gold' for the skin, so why should i break out? I bought my bottles on eBay, and i wasnt sure if i was using actual jojoba oil. So i switched to my other bottle and it got better, weird.

Wonka, i bought my oil from the health food store, so im pretty sure its "pure", but i still dont like it. I took a risk and it didn't pay off, its just another setback...

Panda is right, i'd rather have dry, clear skin than smooth, acne-covered skin.

ive always had dry skin, even when i was clear, so i don't think that is the problem.

i don't think it is possible to go from having no active acne to 10 active acnes in a couple days without something external causing it.

the regimen was working too well for it to give up like that for no reason.