Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unbelievable

Fraxel vote-off

Fraxel  

12 members have voted

1. 1. As for you have fraxel presented any improvements for acne scars?

• Strongly Agree
    • Somewhat Agree
    • Somewhat Disagree
    • Strongly Disagree

i browsed through the other topics and its hard to browse through all 46 pages and retain the information i read from all of them. so this poll will keep it nice and simple for me and others i guess.

for those that vote it would be great if you would leave a comment :D to keep this post bumped.

as for me i have scheduled my fraxel for may/2006. i have rolling, box, scars mostly.

good luck all

also be nice if you guys let us know

what settings, intensity was your treatments? (10,15,20?)

what was the interval between each fraxel treatment? (1 week, 2 week?)

how many fraxel treatments have you had so far?

how long has it been since your latest treatment?

and finally about how much improvements?

i think these are important as to the amount of imprvoements people see from fraxel.

i browsed through the other topics and its hard to browse through all 46 pages and retain the information i read from all of them. so this poll will keep it nice and simple for me and others i guess.

for those that vote it would be great if you would leave a comment :D to keep this post bumped.

as for me im have scheduled my fraxel for may/2006. i have rolling, box, scars mostly.

good luck all

This has been the best of all the things I've tried. I had my 5th Fraxel last week, and FINALLY my rolling scars look better. I am thrilled!

I'm ashamed to say how many things I've tried for my scars. Fraxel has been the best. It is not a miracle, but it helped a lot for me.

you guys should vote!! lol because jsut in case this post gets big like the other one, some people might not have time to go through it all. so the poll can help others.

and glad to hear it's great, i can't wait for may to coem for my fraxel

ive had one fraxel with minimal to no results but i cant wait till 2nd one~ cept its $$$ 600 session

and it leave s me red forever

my doctor said 4 is the minimum fraxels you should get to see results, so good luck and come back to let us know.

and hugeman, about how long has your face been red?

my doctor said 4 is the minimum fraxels you should get to see results, so good luck and come back to let us know.

and hugeman, about how long has your face been red?

from fraxel its fading but i can still see a line - - got it like 2 week ago a little less

longer than i can remember like a little before i started accutane and its been that whole 6 months on it and like 9 months after, i get super red ez now since accutane , its gay

Had my second fraxel 7 days ago:

Improvements = 15%. Noticed drastic change in pore size as they have shrunk considerably. Greatest improvment so far is in skin tone and complexion. Its Much improved.

Rolling scars are also attempting to fade. You can tell with another 3 or so fraxels, they will be fighting for their life, hah.

Im pleased so far with my results.

as for me im have scheduled my fraxel for may/2006. i have rolling, box, scars mostly.

good luck all

This has been the best of all the things I've tried. I had my 5th Fraxel last week, and FINALLY my rolling scars look better. I am thrilled!

What type of skin do you have. I am asking because I just read a negative thread on Fraxel by a person who has very oily skin. He says his pores look bigger now after 4 fraxels. I wish it was just his skins way of healing. Its so sad I hope he starts to improve. It is so dissapointing to see nothing seems to work really well for scars. I think 10 15% improvement for $6000 is a total rip off if these doctors are giving much higher estimates. It seems like they know nothing really works for scars and it is ok to give us false hope to take our money

yes been staying out of fun and using sunblock and skin bleachin hydro whatever they gave me

i did spot on cheeks and temples with a base of 10 or so i think and then treated specific spots up to 18

poll seems kind of misleading. you should have added, are the results satisfactory in terms of the costs associated with having it done. Jasmin from above made a good point: "I think 10 15% improvement for $6000 is a total rip off."

also, for those of you voting--people should vote only after at least a month into their last fraxel treatment. that way you can assess realistic results. sorry to say but your scars will most likely look better to you 2 weeks post op than per say on the 4th week post-op, etc. micro swelling and inflammation will linger on for a couple weeks--typically till the 4th week according to dr reports, and that plays a huge factor in covering up facial scars esp the texture of your skin.

good luck all

What type of skin do you have. I am asking because I just read a negative thread on Fraxel by a person who has very oily skin. He says his pores look bigger now after 4 fraxels. I wish it was just his skins way of healing. Its so sad I hope he starts to improve. It is so dissapointing to see nothing seems to work really well for scars. I think 10 15% improvement for $6000 is a total rip off if these doctors are giving much higher estimates. It seems like they know nothing really works for scars and it is ok to give us false hope to take our money

I'm not sure what type of skin I have, I'm a 50 year old white female. I still have oily skin, and large pores on my nose. I know that they are smaller, because when I put makeup on now I need less and it's easier to cover. I know what you're saying, I've had 2 different doctors give me false hope about procedures and I can't tell you how depressed I was afterward. My current doctor told me to expect 15 to 20% improvement with Fraxel. This has been the only procedure where I feel I'm getting more than that. I'd rather have them tell you too low a figure rather than too high, ya know?

good luck all

I'm not sure what type of skin I have, I'm a 50 year old white female. I still have oily skin, and large pores on my nose. I know that they are smaller, because when I put makeup on now I need less and it's easier to cover. I know what you're saying, I've had 2 different doctors give me false hope about procedures and I can't tell you how depressed I was afterward. My current doctor told me to expect 15 to 20% improvement with Fraxel. This has been the only procedure where I feel I'm getting more than that. I'd rather have them tell you too low a figure rather than too high, ya know?

Yeah, I know what you mean. It is infuriating when I remember Dr. Rullan saying how wonderful the exoderm is for scars and how it could help so many where other treatments fail. How it can take off more than 5 years off the face, even 10 years or more. Hard to believe that a procedure can take off 10 years off and practically eradicate some moderate to deep scars on some patients and do nothing for others with shallow scars who are much younger. Now he is going to say I need fillers to get that improvement when I repeatedly told him I am not interested in any fillers for my scars and that is why I wanted to try the exoderm procedure to help remodel my scars and stimulate my own collagen.

jasmin,

What was his exactly explanation on why you had little to no improvement with the exoderm? Seem to me like the man could give you some reason.

jasmin,

What was his exactly explanation on why you had little to no improvement with the exoderm? Seem to me like the man could give you some reason.

Well with the first full face exoderm they gave me lines like- its just taking longer but you will get there, someone with similar texture to you recently called to say she was happy after seeing no results for 3 months, the touch up will give you much more improvement , your skin is oily and it needs more stimulation, the accutane would have actually helped you heal better since you are so oily. One person I have emailed here who also had it done with him says she has fine textured, non oily fair skin and she saw no improvement in her shallow scars either.

Now after going through the whole ordeal of going on a liquid diet for 8 days twice, tolerating the pain of acid on your face followed by abrasion ( no anesthesia or EKg monitor at the touch up) walking around looking like a burn victim, and months of redness, he says results vary and theres fillers, microdermabrasion, and v beam laser etc.

Sorry to hear the lame excuses jasmin. Funny how he is mentioning all this other junk now. Must have been a huge ordeal from what you are describing and for little to no improvement in shallow scars makes me cringe.

I had 4 full face fraxels, I'm 7 weeks post my last treatment and would have to say that I've had about 35% improvement in my scars based on the before and after photos I've taken. It is easy for me to see that I look better when I see myself in the mirror, but I had no idea how much better until I looked at my before pics.

Sean..

Sean

Are you going to try more later? Aside from law of diminishing returns, do you or your Doc think you can get further improvement by continuing with more? Or is best to let you skin rest for awhile?