Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loulou22

anyone quit the regimen and seen better results?

Hi has anyone quit the regimen because were not getting good results?

If so was ur skin better once u stopped it or did it get a whole lot worse?

Just im on my 6th week and havent noticed much of an improvement and seem to be breaking out more than before.

I want to stop it because i dont think its doing my face any good,but im scared it might get worse.

I am back on marvelon the bc pill,i used it before and skin was pretty good on it,have been back on it for 2 months and am still breakin out so i thought maybe it is the bp and it is too much for my skin to handle. I didnt really have acne before but had a nasty outbreak and got scared so started all this and it doesnt seem to have sorted itself out yet.

Any advice please,thankyou!

I quit at about 5 weeks in. I had moderate to severe acne when I started. Some of it was cystic, but it was mostly pustular/papular acne. I cleaed up by about 50% on the regimen, bu tclarity came with a price. My face just couldn't take it anymore. It was so dry it wasn't just flaking. Flaking I can deal with. I couldn't even open my moute. My skin began peeling and cracking (deep emough to draw blood).

I quit and it took my face about another five weeks to recover, but my acne came back full force, and it was actually worse that when I had started. I went to a derm and started using topical retinoids (differin/retin-a micro) and topical antibiotic (BP/Clindamycin) , which cleard me up way better than the regimen did, and didn't irritate me nearly as much. I still wasn't fully clear....and I refuse to take antibiotics.....so I'm pursuing Accutane....

I was on it for 2 months. It cleared almost all of my acne but it had its price - my skin stayed pinkish red and looked as if I'd gotten sunburnt. In bright light it was pretty scary, so I decided to quit. IMO, all I did was trade the acne for another skin problem that left me looking no better. In some way it looked worse because my skin looked like it was in pain. I just figured my skin couldn't take all the BP. I don't even use it now.

I started brush exfoliation and weened myself off the BP. I had breakouts consisting of little spots, nothing major....maybe because I didn't just quit cold turkey, I don't know.