Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrewski

Taking B5 without oily skin

My skin is not really that oily, and I just got some b5 pills today. I'm wondering because my skin is not that oily, should I still try it? (I have moderate acne). Any help is greatly appreciated.

My skin is not really that oily, and I just got some b5 pills today. I'm wondering because my skin is not that oily, should I still try it? (I have moderate acne). Any help is greatly appreciated.

I tried B5 before deciding to take Accutane. The B5 somewhat cleared up my moderate acne for several weeks. I even talked to my derm about B5 and showed him the website where I first read about B5. He didn't really believe in it, b/c it hadn't been scientifically proven to clear up acne and reduce oil.

Anyways, I quit the B5 after several more weeks b/c of fears of a vitamin imbalance, and 2nd thoughts about B5's long-term effectiveness. My acne also wasn't clearing up as much as I wanted. The oilyness of my face remained the same as before the B5. I went on Accutane and it worked wonders for my face and back. My face really dried out while on Accutane, however, the oilyness came back after finishing Accutane. I regret that I hadn't taken Accutane earlier when the Doc had told me to. You see, when talking to him about B5, he had recommended Accutane, but I told him I wanted to stick with the B5 and see how it would turn out. Bad decision. I would talk to your derm about a possible Accutane course to get rid of your moderate acne once and for all. With Accutane, according to my derm, 50% of Accutane patients will never get serious acne again. Also, from what i've heard, people with oily faces are less likely to get wrinkles at older ages. Heh, just think, b/c of the oil, you'll look younger than all the other people who've always had drier faces. Good luck.

Thanks....any other advice or help would be appreciated! Anyone! There's like 25 views on this thread, and one reply! I'll take any advice!

there r no replies because your on the wrong forum. As B5 is an over the counter vitamin you should go to the 'over the counter medications' forum !!! there is lots on b5