Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shireen

Scar pictures - Is there some hope or should I just die?

Hi Guys,

I'm writing this even as I'm contemplating suicide because of my scar condition. I'm a 26 yr. old female who has been so distraught with acne that I had to leave my job because of it. I thought I'l cure myself in about 6 months or so and then get back to work. Its been 15 months since that happened but my condition has progressively worsened. Now that my acne has gone, I'm left with such a horible scarring that I wish my acne was back instead of this. I'm posting pictures of my left and right cheeks in two different lighting conditions and would appreciate you guys' opinion on whether anything can be done to improve my scarring to a level where I could at least venture out of home. I would paticularly request the senior members and Maya and Oursfan(dont know if they still post) to share their views on this.

Here are the pictues in another lighting. I also have some hypertrophic scarring on my nose. Couldnt get the camera to capture it. What has worked best for such scarring?

Would Jessfoliation help for my overall scarring?

Even as I'm asking for advice, I know nothing can restore my skin to its original undamaged condition....I really wish there was an easy way to die....

They are not letting me post all the pics. Will have to make another post.

Well I wasnt allowed to post the last picture even in another post. Can anyone of you tell me how to get around it?

post-36405-1143536274_thumb.jpg

post-36405-1143536336_thumb.jpg

post-36405-1143536691_thumb.jpg

post-36405-1143536274_thumb.jpg

post-36405-1143536336_thumb.jpg

post-36405-1143536691_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

I'm writing this even as I'm contemplating suicide because of my scar condition. I'm a 26 yr. old female who has been so distraught with acne that I had to leave my job because of it. I thought I'l cure myself in about 6 months or so and then get back to work. Its been 15 months since that happened but my condition has progressively worsened. Now that my acne has gone, I'm left with such a horible scarring that I wish my acne was back instead of this. I'm posting pictures of my left and right cheeks in two different lighting conditions and would appreciate you guys' opinion on whether anything can be done to improve my scarring to a level where I could at least venture out of home. I would paticularly request the senior members and Maya and Oursfan(dont know if they still post) to share their views on this.

Here are the pictues in another lighting. I also have some hypertrophic scarring on my nose. Couldnt get the camera to capture it. What has worked best for such scarring?

Would Jessfoliation help for my overall scarring?

Even as I'm asking for advice, I know nothing can restore my skin to its original undamaged condition....I really wish there was an easy way to die....

They are not letting me post all the pics. Will have to make another post.

Well I wasnt allowed to post the last picture even in another post. Can anyone of you tell me how to get around it?

sorry to hear you feel this way.. it really hurts that when you get past the acne you just end up with another battle of scars, im in the same boat :(

I really dont think ur scars look that bad at all hun, those too posters no longer post here saddly.

You might wanna look into subscriptuin and needling,

-Adam

Shireen,

I just looked at your pictures, and I really think that your scarring is not too bad at all; and, more importantly, I think it would be very amenable to dermabrasion with Dr. Yarborough. I had it done about 7 weeks ago, I feel it is definitely the best decision I could have made regarding my scarring. If you are traveling from afar it can be quite expensive, but it is sure worth it.

thats nothing !!!! seriously !! you only have 2-3 scars that are noticeble ..

you are dumb if u are going to end you life just bcoz of that 2-3 scars ..

try subcision and then do self needling ..

all the informations are on the forum ... i hope you find the answers and find your way out ...

good luck ..

Dear shireen,

i know how you feel about your scars. i really hate my scars as well.

but i do not think ending your life is a good idea, especially you dunno what is life after death right?

why dun you look into some solutions like subcision and dermabrasion(you are sooo lucky you can do dermacoz you r not asian)

there are many people who have scars worse than yours!! and they have not give up in finding the way.

i know appearance matter alot!! but there are many precious things apart from that

good luck!

Strawberry skin

I think there is hope for your scars. What treatments have you tried so far?

Have you gone to see a doctor? Try dermabrasion just on your cheeks or have

it done on the individual scars.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the nice words that all of you have put in. In retrospect, my post does seem a little depressing and replete with self pity. I should've been stronger. But I guess, having pitted scars has completely ruined my self respect.

As for the treatments, I'm currently on hormonal pills to control acne and my derm says we need to wait before we begin the scar treatment even though I had my last eruption in December 2005. The problem is I'm prone to hypertrophic scarring so I'm scared of any sort of peel. I'd got a glycolic peel done abot 15 months back which left me with hypertrophic scars on nose and cheeks. They look gross!!!!!

Strawberry skin- I'm actually an Indian...which implies that I'm an Asian so any scar treatment has to be proceded with extreme caution.

As for Fraxel laser- although my derm is the best one in the country, I don't know if he has this laser. Does it work well with indented scars. Are there any pics posted of its results?

Also, wanted a general opinion of how well has subcision worked for people with scars like mine,

Once again thanks a lot to all of you. Would appreciate any opinion on the kind of treatments I should be taking.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the nice words that all of you have put in. In retrospect, my post does seem a little depressing and replete with self pity. I should've been stronger. But I guess, having pitted scars has completely ruined my self respect.

As for the treatments, I'm currently on hormonal pills to control acne and my derm says we need to wait before we begin the scar treatment even though I had my last eruption in December 2005. The problem is I'm prone to hypertrophic scarring so I'm scared of any sort of peel. I'd got a glycolic peel done abot 15 months back which left me with hypertrophic scars on nose and cheeks. They look gross!!!!!

Strawberry skin- I'm actually an Indian...which implies that I'm an Asian so any scar treatment has to be proceded with extreme caution.

As for Fraxel laser- although my derm is the best one in the country, I don't know if he has this laser. Does it work well with indented scars. Are there any pics posted of its results?

Also, wanted a general opinion of how well has subcision worked for people with scars like mine,

Once again thanks a lot to all of you. Would appreciate any opinion on the kind of treatments I should be taking.

Your scars are not bad at all. Mine were much worse than that. I feel like I'm repeating myself about Fraxel, but it is really smoothing out my indentations, and it really gets rid of the red marks. Best of luck to you with whatever you try. I've been dealing with my scars for over 30 years, and I think the treatments out now are much better than they used to be.

Your scars are not that bad. If you had to kill yourself, then so would I, because my scars are defrinitely worse.

I don't think there is any reason for you to rush into doing lasers or dermabrasion. It looks like you have the kind of scars that respond well to subcision and fillers, but everyone responds differently to treatments.

I think your doctor is right that you need to wait until your acne is under control. When your skin is healing from any treatment, it is more prone to scarring from the acne. In the meantime, maybe you can look into getting some really good make up to cover the scars. I wish I had just went that route instead of getting laser resurfacing, but I was young and I wanted perfect skin without make up. Also, I think there are more options for concealing scars than there were 10 years ago.

Good luck and don't givve up hope.

Hey, really, your scarring is not as bad as you think. And yes, there are treatments available, like dermabrasion that can help a lot. I had dermabrasion done 20 years ago and it was the best thing to date that helped my scarring in a major way. So don't despair or give up hope. Find the resolve to get something done about the scarring. Soon you will have major improvement. James

Shireen your scars really don't look bad...I have alot worse scarring than you do. I'm doing cross treatments now and they are beginning to fill in...so there is hope.

I haven't found anything to cover the pitting but mineral makeup does seem to help soften them.

Hi, I don't think your scars are too bad at all. It seems you have some mainly clustered in a few areas. Very few people see you from this close angle. I think most of us, including me, look at ourselves from the worst possible angle, very close up and think this is how others see us. I am trying also not to be so hard on myself. I think a dermabrasion may help you on the cheeks. I had one when I was 26. If you have healing problems, you may want to go the fraxel route. I'm telling you, if it is that depressing to you, do it!! I would spend hours if I were you reading in this forum to find a scar treatment you feel good about. There are the peel methods, tca cross and many others which are not that expensive. Be leary of things untill you are well informed since it took me a few years to get up the nerve to try the tca cross. If you are still experiencing breakouts, try a makeup with salicylic acid in it to prevent new breakouts. Clinique clarifying or Almay clarifying (I plan on trying this one). Neutrogena also makes one. Apply the foundation with a makeup sponge wedge, then apply a good loose powder. A little blush such as a rosey color to blend or detract from the pink marks. Then, play up your eyes, fix your hair and be happy you are as pretty as you are!!! Don't let this get you down but by all means try some form of scar revision but be careful with the invasive lasers, many here say they don't work well and could cause more damage.

Shireen,

I really, really feel for you. I have actually traveled the road you have....resigning from my job in hopes that I could "fix" my skin and then go back to a more normal life. All that did was push me further into depression the more I isolated myself.

I don't know what your financial situation is or if you can do some of the procedures which have been suggested to you, but I think investigating TCA Cross might be an option for you. Just make sure you read, read, read about it because there have been a few people who seriously hurt themselves by not following the procedures, during or post TCA Cross.

Anyhow, I think you are doing the right thing by coming on here and looking for answers.

Take care

Nancy

Shireen,

I know how you feel, but please do not give up. There will be things that you can do to improve the appearance of them, all you need to do is a little research. Because you have quit work you will have plenty of time, what's to say that in 4/5 years time you won't be happy? Get some research done on them and have that goal, that you will be happy in a few years time from now, and wait for that feeling and imagine how good it will be when you accomplish it 'cos babe, you will! :razz:

This place is truly amazing...I'm overwhelmed by the encouraging replies that I've got. I am skeptical of trying out peels and lasers and many of you hve confirmed my apprehension. I'm keen on getting subcision done though as after looking thru this forum, tht seems to be the most effective for my kind of scars. Also its something very localized. So at least it would not ruin my good parts. Fraxel also sounds good although I doubt my derm or even my country would have oneI I'm in India). I have an appointment next week and I'm really hoping that he'll do something abt the scars this time.

Do you guys think that my skin is ready for subsicion o should it be given some more time? And how well has it worked for you? I mean I understand that the pits cannot be eliminated 100% but how much improvement can I expect say over the next 2 months? I have my cousins wedding to attend and I do not even want to venture out with these horrendous scars.

And just one moe question. I have shortlisted the following teatments for hypertrophic scars based on what I found on this site. These are-

1)Laser

2)Cortisone injections

3Silicone sheets

4) Topicals such as contractubex

I have been using contractubex for the last 2 months but there has been no change at all. Can somebody tell me which is the most effective of these?

Thanks guys...Acne.org is the best...without even having seen any of you, i feel i've made friends. I'm not a ery pretty person to begin with and having acne has just ruined it so much more. I've lived in hiding all my life. I'm 26 now and really want to go out and make a mark for myself. I hope I get rid of this misery and get a second chance at life,

Thanks

Hello there!

If your last eruption was in December like you have stated, then I think you are fine to start with some scar treatments. I definitely think that you should have some type of corrective scar treatment like subcision or punch excision before you try an invasive procedure such as dermabrasion or fraxel. This approach has proven to be a lot more effective, than just having fraxel. I am not sure if the risk due to your skin color would be too much of a factor for dermabrasion, so please double check on this. You may also want to look into dermal grafts.

As far as hyperthropic scars, I really don't know too much about that, so I will let someone with more experience take the stage.

You can get through this! :wub: Just remember that working with scars requires a lot of work on the outside, but even more work on the inside, meaning you have to work on your self acceptance and esteem in order to find happiness.