Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

This candida stuff is for real!

I thought the anti-candida diet is bullshit at first, but decided to try it out. And it's the best thing I've ever done for my skin. I don't use BP during the day anymore, and no new breakouts.

Best of all, I eat great food! Brown rice, indian-style chicken, salads of all kinds... it's great.

I'm not going to go into much detail explaining about candida, there's plenty of information on google. Just wanted to mention to you guys that this is for real, and it works.

Props to whoever made the candida=acne thread. Never heard of candida before that, and it's great information.

It's simple: avoid all foods made with yeast, fermented foods, refined sugar.

YES:

• lots of water

• fiber capsules

• garlic

• broccoli

• fruit

• vegetables

• rice

• nuts and seeds

• olive oil

• green tea

• organic chicken

NO:

• processed food

• refined sugar

• dairy

• wheat

• gluten

• corn

• caffeine

• alcohol

• chocolate

• mushrooms

• vinegar

• over-ripe foods

So did you actually have candida or did you decide just to do the diet?

By the way: apple cider vinegar is fine on the diet, gluten is fine for those who aren't intolerant to it, dairy in the form of kefir and yogurt is strongly recommended (all other forms are out of course) and technically you're supposed to cut out fruit for the first couple weeks to one month.

are you not eating the NOT foods though? NO bread, NO sugar (other than fruit)

I might have eaten bread 100% organic, i believe its wheat free , gluten free... and honey??

all I know is I used to have severe acne and now it's extrememly mild. Of course it didn't clear up from diet alone; I took all kinds of antibiotics and used all the creams and stuff, but diet plays major part in maintaining good skin.

all I know is I used to have severe acne and now it's extrememly mild. Of course it didn't clear up from diet alone; I took all kinds of antibiotics and used all the creams and stuff, but diet plays major part in maintaining good skin.

I dont want to take anything artificial, except herbs thats the only thing id take, i took zinc, and now i stopped. it feels so... foreign LOL

Guest Stu :-)

I dont want to take anything artificial, except herbs thats the only thing id take, i took zinc, and now i stopped. it feels so... foreign LOL

hey im kinda in the same boat as you, my diet is really good consisting of sum fish, two servings of veg etc etc, however im back on this to see what i can replace bread with. I just cant still quite nail this f**kin acne. I was doin well the last couple of weeks, red marks goin, and now, a god dam cyst on my right cheek, very noticable, and a big spot on my nose. Its taken me so much mental power and belief that i thought i was clearing, and it really has shunted my back! anyway, lol rant over, but u know how it is..

so, i still beleive my bowels are not as good as they shld be, doc said i got IBS, with the foods i have changed recently, stools aren't so bad now.

Have you tried cocconut cream, and all the other candida remedies? Im getting paid at end of week and going to give it a bloody good go.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know if you have alot of candida?

hi, well basically however bad you think you got all the symptoms, unless you get screened, so its a bit like a guessing game

Is anyone taking anti-fungals? If so, what are you taking? how much are you taking? and when are you taking them?

ta

page 10 on the main candida diet thread has been useful for me. Im now ordering Grapeseed, Coconut oil, and clay with serious vengence!! :evil::evil::evil::evil:

One thing to be aware of here.....you may not have candida overgrowth and still benefit from diet changes, particularly if you have food sensitivies/allergies. In other words, you may have food allergies and NOT have candida...though you might.

Don't assume that a diet change clearing you is related to candida overgrowth. If you go back to eating crappity crud and you break out, then you might have food allergies. Liverflushing and bowel cleansing would help in that case.

Acne can be a candida symtpom, but if you DO have candida, strong chances are you have a lot of OTHER candida-related symptoms as well.

Yeh thanks Denise, im quite looking forward to trying this Bentonite Clay as well. Parently really cleans the colon out from toxins etc. Im not to sure whether i have bad candida or not, but i do know i have some serious stomuch issues, bloating, cramping etc. I can get a screen down in Taunton, costs around £150 though.. So i think i will go for these anti fungals instead.

Ive gotton rid of a lot of anxiety with a diet change, bit acne still prevails it, i gotta sort me :razz:

one more thing, if i drink water on an empty stomuch, my gut slightly bloats, and i can even see like a pocket buldge out more so, as of to say i have weak lining or something?? Do you know what that might be?

Yeh thanks Denise, im quite looking forward to trying this Bentonite Clay as well. Parently really cleans the colon out from toxins etc. Im not to sure whether i have bad candida or not, but i do know i have some serious stomuch issues, bloating, cramping etc. I can get a screen down in Taunton, costs around £150 though.. So i think i will go for these anti fungals instead.

Ive gotton rid of a lot of anxiety with a diet change, bit acne still prevails it, i gotta sort me :razz:

one more thing, if i drink water on an empty stomuch, my gut slightly bloats, and i can even see like a pocket buldge out more so, as of to say i have weak lining or something?? Do you know what that might be?

Well, if you are bloating on a regular basis, you may have a candida problem. If you drink water on an empty stomach, are you sure you are bloating? Or is it just the normal stomach pooch that bulges when you drink a lot of water (or anything else for that matter)?

I find this 'anti candida' diet works wonders as well - no more digestive problems and my acne has cleared up no end. Whether it is just the diet or candida I can't say!

I do miss being able to eat bread but find Irish soda bread/soda farls which are yeast free are good alternatives. I've also got used to drinking teas (peppermint, green tea, gingko biloba and fennel) - I no longer miss coffee at all. Alcohol I have to admit is more difficult!

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I thought the anti-candida diet is bullshit at first, but decided to try it out. And it's the best thing I've ever done for my skin. I don't use BP during the day anymore, and no new breakouts.

Best of all, I eat great food! Brown rice, indian-style chicken, salads of all kinds... it's great.

I'm not going to go into much detail explaining about candida, there's plenty of information on google. Just wanted to mention to you guys that this is for real, and it works.

Props to whoever made the candida=acne thread. Never heard of candida before that, and it's great information.

YES:

• lots of water

• fiber capsules

• garlic

• broccoli

• fruit

• vegetables

• rice

• nuts and seeds

• olive oil

• green tea

• organic chicken

NO:

• processed food

• refined sugar

• dairy

• wheat

• gluten

• corn

• caffeine

• alcohol

• chocolate

• mushrooms

• vinegar

• over-ripe foods

Just three weeks ago you were telling me to eat a salad with lots of vinegar to counter spikes caused by high GI foods. Care to expalin?

too bad i eat all the YES foods and nothings helping.

remember diet is just a piece of health. a small piece. A piece that if ignored can cause major problems and a piece that if followed will open up avenues to health.

Notice I did say will lead you to good health but instead that it will open up avenues. To truly go to good health a person must detox over a period of months and exercise/encourage lymphatic flow.

Also, you should have a system that teaches you how to breathe.

YES:

• lots of water

• fiber capsules

• garlic

• broccoli

• fruit

• vegetables

• rice

• nuts and seeds

• olive oil

• green tea

• organic chicken

NO:

• processed food

• refined sugar

• dairy

• wheat

• gluten

• corn

• caffeine

• alcohol

• chocolate

• mushrooms

• vinegar

• over-ripe foods

Just three weeks ago you were telling me to eat a salad with lots of vinegar to counter spikes caused by high GI foods. Care to expalin?

use olive oil and lemon for salad dressing. Rarely is vinegar seen as a great healthy food. Some people think it is and some say avoid. Olivie oil and lemon are universally seen as great foods. Of course, in moderation.

I find this 'anti candida' diet works wonders as well - no more digestive problems and my acne has cleared up no end. Whether it is just the diet or candida I can't say!

I do miss being able to eat bread but find Irish soda bread/soda farls which are yeast free are good alternatives. I've also got used to drinking teas (peppermint, green tea, gingko biloba and fennel) - I no longer miss coffee at all. Alcohol I have to admit is more difficult!

you can still eat these things at times. Just do it 2 times a week or less. Make it fun to have an irish soda one time a week. Or have a sunday coffee.

I used to drink coffee everyday and now that I will drink it one time every 2 weeks, I have found that I really sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee.

It is just like if you have ever been SUPER busy in life. The day that you finally have the whole day off is like heaven. Yet if you didn't have to work for the whole month, then you don't really enjoy time off.

What I am saying is you will enjoy those things more now that you have them less!