Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
user1221

A small dosage for a not so severe case of acne, is it effective?

I am a guy and I am seventeen years old. I have been on Accutane once over two years ago and it completely rid my face of acne. I had to stop short of two months on it because of severe back pain (i was powerlifting for my school) This time around my acne has come back. It is a mild case that flares up every now and then and it is quite bothersome. However I stress mild because they are mainly just white heads and small papules never cysts. My dermatologist tried me on pretty much every non-accutane prescription medicene so he decided a small dose of accutane would do the trick. I am 170 pounds and I am worried it might not do anything for me at 10mg. Is this a tiny dose? Because my case of acne is not even moderate does this mean it will be enough to cure it? I appreciate anyones help or anyone who has some insight on this thank you

I have moderate to severe acne and was on a lower dose than I could have been on for a longer period of time. In some cases lower doses of accutane for longer periods of time are even more sucessful than huge doses.

My derm told me to treat mild acne a low dosage of prolonged use of accutane

works well. Prolonged time being around 9 months. You're young, so give it a try

just make sure via your Derm that it's for a prolonged period.

Guest Tenshi

yeah be happy u were prescribed accutane...it sounds tiny but i think in the long run u will see u have minimal side effects..u wont get the back pain..your body will get used to it and your skin will clear up..i guess it may just take longer then the usual..but its only mild so after 3 months u may have perfectly clear skin..

I feel bad considering people who have much worse cases than me have trouble getting a hold of it. I just consider myself a guinea pig so if my liver explodes I can warn other people not to take it. ha