Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperSize

Does anyone play football with acne?

I play football for my high school, and soon I will put on the pads again for spring practices. I know my helmet is going to spark my acne again. I have to wear my helmet tight also, because I have a weird shaped head, and the pads need to be tighter on so my helmet wont move around too much.

Anyone else have to deal with playing football with bad acne?

THE THING IS LAST YEAR WAS MY FIRST YEAR PLAYING FOOTBALL WELL AT HIGHSCHOOL AT LEAST AND IT CAUSED MY FKING ACNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but I wear a helmet almost every day. It causes break outs when I wear it all day and/or overnight. Not just me either, some of the guys who don't normally have acne get breakouts from it. Suck it up.

No, but I wear a helmet almost every day. It causes break outs when I wear it all day and/or overnight. Not just me either, some of the guys who don't normally have acne get breakouts from it. Suck it up.

why do u wear a helmet all day long?

So I don't get hit in the head with shrapnel or other debris. Also, when we jump, it prevents us (sometimes) from being knocked unconscious upon landing.

i used to play highschool football and to keep sweat from reaching my face I'd wear a bandana underneath my helmet, it soaked up the sweat so it wouldn't run down your face, prolly one of the reasons why my acne wasn't too bad then.

helmet and pads for fotty? you pussys!

Are you kidding? You can hit a guy ten times harder when you're wearing pads. When was the last time you ever saw someone die from head trauma in bare knuckles boxing?

Anyway, I ran cross country in high schoo. If I got lazy and didn't shower after practice, often because practices went close to four hours sometimes and I was dead tired and just wanted to sleep after, then I'd break out a bit, more on my shoulders than on my face.

I know hockey and military helmets can be a bitch for acne...

Oh, and the user my have been referring to football aka soccer lol.

Guest Crawford

All i know is that chin strap thing, will be good for hiding the acne on my chin.

shut yo ass up. when you play football with pads, you are willing to hit harder than without pads. id run you over any day

:rolleyes: Enough of that. I think he thought that you meant soccer.

The bandana idea sounds good. Just keep it washed so you don't get old sweat on you. Maybe line the parts that touch your face with something soft and absorbant so it catches most of the sweat. I don't know the anatomy of a football helmet...so I don't know how much that advice will work.

shut yo ass up. when you play football with pads, you are willing to hit harder than without pads. id run you over any day

"yo yo yo?"

you run me over then... with your pads... i have watched ur american football aka princess tag it dosnt compare to two guys running at each other when the only "pads" you have are muscle... how do pads add to the intencity and roughness of the sport ? lol ( and im talking about rugby league not union although pritty much the same in your eyes) i saw a league match australia ( nrl is big here ) vs the american team wich was made up of is it NFL? players who wernt allowed to wear helemts n shit and they got smashed..

found some tackels on some web site watch this

http://www.break.com/index/rugbyhits.html

Rugby kicks the shit out of most sports to be honest, probably even American Football.

Thought the thread was referring to Football, or "soccer" as you yanks call it. :P

It's a real bastard gettin a spot on your forehead and you go to head the ball! :(

I play football for my high school, and soon I will put on the pads again for spring practices. I know my helmet is going to spark my acne again. I have to wear my helmet tight also, because I have a weird shaped head, and the pads need to be tighter on so my helmet wont move around too much.

Anyone else have to deal with playing football with bad acne?

I got screwed..... in 12th grade I had some big huge golf ball sized cysts all over my shoulders and shit. People were begging me to play football cause I had alot of muscle on me, and I ran a 4.46 in the 40 yard dash...... but......... I didn't play........ I regret it and I'm pissed......... so dont let acne hold u back

i think the toughest dudes in sports are the guys on those UFC shows, where they just all out beat each other up with some sweet kicks and puches. to get in a ring and fight till knockout or submission in a brutal sport is pretty much as tough as it gets.

I never noticed a breakout, cause I always had acne. But our school has 12 nice helmets that they use in college, which are so soft and not hard and I love them.

ok, I've played soccer, football and rugby, all of them are rough in their own respect, when I played football, I was a running back and corner, in a 3 year varsity career I put 4 guys in the hospital from hits on both side of the ball...with soccer... it was different because guys take pussy shots at you by trying to trip you, if you try that on a football field your gonna get your block knocked off. rugby is just brutal, I began playing for my college's club team and I'd come back to the dorm literaly covered in bruises, I'd say rugby would be more fun with full padding because you could take more brutal shots at guys and be safer yet being able to put more power behind hits.... just my opinion on the topic... and as far as the acne goes, you can't get away from it if your an athlete, I don't remember one team mate on either team who didn't have some sort of acne problem durring the season.

i have played rugby union and rugby league( which is mainly australia... newzeland have a team aswell as us and england, i find this game much more exiting and rougher aswell as funner to watch ) at a competative level.. the video http://www.break.com/index/rugbyhits.html is of all our local teams its a great sport hope you yanks get into haha :P the offical site for the nrl is www.nrl.com.. i think american footy is trash but hey just my oppinion... its all soft pads hitting other soft pads and no real challenge..