Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xindel

Is my derm retarted?

I have posted about a week ago and was going to see my derm then but he wasn't there till now. I have moderately severe acne and weigh 164lbs. When I went to see my derm I had mild to moderate or moderate acne then. For the past 2 months I been on 40mg a day. The first month I saw good results but the 2nd month I started breaking out again and for about a week now I cleared up a good deal again. Also for the first 4-5 weeks a lot of my little blackheads were purging but not anymore, still have tons left especially on my forehead. On my 2nd month a little oil also returned on my nose and forehead and skin isn't dry at all. And all I have is little chapped lips.

He said accutane isn't working good for you, I should have been a lot further along, for some people it just doesn't work. WTF I only been on it for 2 months!!! For my zits they are a good deal better but my blackheads, many of them are still there but I get just a few new ones here and there! This is my 3rd month now going in! He said if I want to try other stuff like antibiotics!? No fucking way I told him I'm a getting on other meds, since I tried them all and failed except BP 10% does help with the worse stuff but I'm still nowhere clear. Now he said I'm gonna have an alternate dosage, one day 40mg the other 80mg. And he said we'll say what'll happen then.

Is he fucking retarted or what? And as for blood tests...I took one before my treatment but none after. He said next month we'll do it. I asked him, how do your other patients do on it, he said that he's given it to 100s of patients in the past and everyone is different! If he has given it to so many people he claims, how the fuck he doesn't know what to do?

From my understanding, if accutane isn't working for you - Nothing in the market short of a shot gun to blow up your face will work. :)

From my understanding, if accutane isn't working for you - Nothing in the market short of a shot gun to blow up your face will work. :)

That's what I'm gonna do if it doesn't because the career I want to pursue will never happen because of my fucking acne!

LoL I laughed when i saw the title of this post. Anyways you dont know if its not working for you until your done with the entire course. And u SHOULD be getting blood test every single month! He does sound retarded but whatever at least hes providing you with the accutane... maybe u should up your dose to 80mg i know i took accutane 4 years ago 40mg a day and i was 100 pounds... with moderate acne so i dunno. But be patient youll get results and whatever you do DO NOT go to antibiotics... u got the gold right now!

LoL I laughed when i saw the title of this post. Anyways you dont know if its not working for you until your done with the entire course. And u SHOULD be getting blood test every single month! He does sound retarded but whatever at least hes providing you with the accutane... maybe u should up your dose to 80mg i know i took accutane 4 years ago 40mg a day and i was 100 pounds... with moderate acne so i dunno. But be patient youll get results and whatever you do DO NOT go to antibiotics... u got the gold right now!

I agree....

A slightly higher dosage should help move things along. You weigh enough for it. You could probably handle 80mgs a day at your weight. Besides it's only ben two months, you've got at least three more to go anyway.....and as for the bloodwork....I'm guessing your a guy....(I could be wrong though) Is it me or do guys often seem like they get out of the bloodwork more often, since there's no need for a pregnancy test....the derms just omit all the other tests too.....WTF???

Don't let your derm put you on antibiotics. If you blackheads are purging, then it's working, just gove it some time.....

No I think he doesn't know what he's doing.

You need to be on it for more than two months to see long lasting improvement and durring your course, if it isn't helping, your derm is supposed to raise the dosage if your body is able to handle it.

Also it's recommended you have a bloodtest once a month when you visit because Accutane can damage your liver and the derm is supposed to monitor your blood level to make sure nothing is wrong.

I can assure you that your dermatologist is not retarded.

I do question your intelligence for posing such a question though. It's only been two months. Calm down!

I can assure you that your dermatologist is not retarded.

I do question your intelligence for posing such a question though. It's only been two months. Calm down!

If you read my whole post you'll know why.

But anyways, thanks for your replies, and yes I'm a guy. So yeah he did raise my dosage this time, 40mg a day, 80mg the other, alternating doses, I guess that's like 60mg a day if you do the math lol. Plus, my blackheads were only purging during month 1 but not month 2, so many left on my face, shoulders and back but they are very small but they give my forehead a rough look not an acneiac look though but as for the pimples I'm a good deal better. But why the hell did he want me off accutane today and offer other stuff. Maybe he doesn't like me lol. And when he drained the several active zits I had, he said that's more effective then the accutane.

I have posted about a week ago and was going to see my derm then but he wasn't there till now. I have moderately severe acne and weigh 164lbs. When I went to see my derm I had mild to moderate or moderate acne then. For the past 2 months I been on 40mg a day. The first month I saw good results but the 2nd month I started breaking out again and for about a week now I cleared up a good deal again. Also for the first 4-5 weeks a lot of my little blackheads were purging but not anymore, still have tons left especially on my forehead. On my 2nd month a little oil also returned on my nose and forehead and skin isn't dry at all. And all I have is little chapped lips.

He said accutane isn't working good for you, I should have been a lot further along, for some people it just doesn't work. WTF I only been on it for 2 months!!! For my zits they are a good deal better but my blackheads, many of them are still there but I get just a few new ones here and there! This is my 3rd month now going in! He said if I want to try other stuff like antibiotics!? No fucking way I told him I'm a getting on other meds, since I tried them all and failed except BP 10% does help with the worse stuff but I'm still nowhere clear. Now he said I'm gonna have an alternate dosage, one day 40mg the other 80mg. And he said we'll say what'll happen then.

Is he fucking retarted or what? And as for blood tests...I took one before my treatment but none after. He said next month we'll do it. I asked him, how do your other patients do on it, he said that he's given it to 100s of patients in the past and everyone is different! If he has given it to so many people he claims, how the fuck he doesn't know what to do?

I'm not a derm, but it seems like he should be bumping you up to a higher dosage, since its not working. As for the blood tests I've had a problem with that to. I've been on accutane for seven months and have only taken two, and that was for the first two months. I seem to be alright and kickin, so i guess its ok.

I'm not a derm, but it seems like he should be bumping you up to a higher dosage, since its not working. As for the blood tests I've had a problem with that to. I've been on accutane for seven months and have only taken two, and that was for the first two months. I seem to be alright and kickin, so i guess its ok.

7 months on tane?? How the hell some people stay longer then 6 months on it that's bad for you.