Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G0DLIK3

Tanning... how bad r the consequences

Yea so, i have mostly scars and the deep acne... cysts... but last summer i had about the same skin condition ( not as bad...). I was going to florida for vaction, so i was like, fuk it im going 2 burn this sh*t off :evil:

Any way it actaully worked... u couldnt even tell i had acne for like 4 months... then winter came and i was screwed.

So yea saying that summer is comming in 2 months what do yall think about me tanning again??? :think:

Guest BSos32

Ive tanned as long as you dont look orange

Guest Marino

^lol, i never heard of turning orange from natrual tanning, maybe lotions will do it.

Yea so, i have mostly scars and the deep acne... cysts... but last summer i had about the same skin condition ( not as bad...). I was going to florida for vaction, so i was like, fuk it im going 2 burn this sh*t off

Any way it actaully worked... u couldnt even tell i had acne for like 4 months... then winter came and i was screwed.

So yea saying that summer is comming in 2 months what do yall think about me tanning again???

Um....I had melanoma on the bottom of my foot.....it formed whan I was 20 years old.....in a place that rarley saw the sun, but did see the intence power of a high output UVA only bed.....hmmmmm....

Now I have a cool scar on the bottom of my foot, and it took a little while to get used to the feeling of a huge chunk of tissue missing....walking was kind of an issue for a while.....

I can't really complain though, because I'm not dead.....

I think you can tan safely. Just go slowly and be sure you don't let yourself burn. The sun is actually healthy for you. There is a lot of historical and contemporary evidence that suggests moderate sunbathing is far more beneficial than we are let to believe.

If anyone is interested in checking it out.

There is a really good book called, THE HEALING SUN. It is written by Richard Hobday.

There's a tremendous amount of misinformation about tanning and sun exposure.

First, our body's are able to cope with sun exposure. To follow the dermatologist's advice to wear sun screen every time you're out in ths sun would not only promote a more deadly form of skin cancer, melanoma, but it would also have devastating effects on human health as we receive most of our vitamin D through sun exposure. Vitamin D, by nature, inhibits cancer growth.

Secondly, we are animals. We were meant to be out in the sun, as is clearly demonstrated by our body's capacity to produce Vitamin D through sun exposure. Other animals are out in the sun all day and do not need 'sun screen'.

Third, to tan safely just make sure you don't burn. It's that simple.

Fourth, if you want to protect yourself from the effects of 'sun damage', your diet is the first place to look. A lot of people theorize that skin cancer is largely the result of a diet high in processed foods, trans fatty acids, and deficient in omega3 fatty acids. Start consuming regular amounts of omega 3 fatty acids through cod liver oil or flaxseed oil, eat a diet that contains massive amounts of natural antioxidants (fruits, vegetables). Supplement with certain antioxidants if you wish (astaxanthin, spirulina, chlorella).

Guest ilovepancakes

Different people have different amounts of melanin, how dark you are, and this melanin protects your skin from the sun's rays. True tanning, in which your body produces new melanin to protect your skin takes about a week to develope. One day of burning in the sun is not true tanning because your body has produced no new melanin, only been burn red! :redface: It is best to tan for 20-30min a day for optimal results.

also avoid tanning from 10am-2pm

light-moderate tanning can help acne and reduce appearance, but overexposure can aggrivate it further and cause skin cancer.

:ninja:

Thanks alot for the help guys, so im going 2 eat alot of fruits and tan about 20 minutes a day for a few weeks. Should i put on sun tan lotion though? I live in texas so i was just going to go lay out in my back yard around 4ish???

I hate to say this but I've found that tanning is the only thing that clears my acne up completely. I usually use tanning beds 1-2 times a week in the spring and summer (I don't bother in winter as my body acne is not visible with winter clothing). I will still get the odd pimple, but they are usually small and nothing like the dime-sized welts that I get when I don't tan. I don't use any lotions though as I've found they make me break out.

Thanks alot for the help guys, so im going 2 eat alot of fruits and tan about 20 minutes a day for a few weeks. Should i put on sun tan lotion though? I live in texas so i was just going to go lay out in my back yard around 4ish???

I have been laying out all week. It has finally warmed up enough to start tanning. I started out 20 minutes on each side one day and didn't burn. So the next day I laid out 30 minutes. Still no burn. I've laid out about 4 times so far and I am already getting tan lines. I haven't used any oil at all. I don't feel I need it. But if I did I would use olive oil or almond oil. Neither oil will break you out.