Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Hey everyone, Im going to California for spring break. I hear that if I get a nice big tan, my marks will fade ALOT, sometimes even peeling off. I cant wait, is this true? Should I use sunscreen or not? Please help!

Thanks

Posted

Hey everyone, Im going to California for spring break. I hear that if I get a nice big tan, my marks will fade ALOT, sometimes even peeling off. I cant wait, is this true? Should I use sunscreen or not? Please help!

Thanks

Nope, a suntan can cover the red marks, like makeup. But they'll be obvious again when the tan fades.

Posted

as your skin gets tanner. so will your redmarks.. please wear spf 45 sunscreen.

Posted

the tan does make them look liek they are not even there but once it fades u will see them again ... so juss use jessfoliation/neosporin or aspirin mask and u will b fine

Posted

I live in sunny Cali and I just have to say... don't forget the sunblock! I'm not sure about fading red marks, but a tan always looks nice. Just don't over-do it because I see older people (30s-40s) with quite weird-looking skin sometimes and it's just :shock: . And I know they've been in the sun alot because they still go out tanning!

Posted

The sun has helped me alot.

First the tan makes my red marks dissappear, than as the tan fades it kind of takes a bit of the red marks with it. Not much but still its noticable.

Posted

Thanks guys, so why should I wear SPF 45 sunscreen? Lightersup, so your saying I should overdo my tan cause my face will look kinda weird?

Thanks guys

Posted

Thanks

Complete myth. If you get a suntan it may help to HIDE the marks, but if you don't wear sunscreen the marks will take longer to fade, etc. I suggest using a bit of fake tanner on your face and then slathering on the sunscreen anytime you even take a step outside.

Posted

I went to cancun and got brunt. It looked like I had a clear complexition. I got back to the States and about two weeks later, they were redder. Sun helps in small portions due to Vitamin D, but don't over do it and wear protection. Sun is just short-term help.

Posted

Thanks guys, so why should I wear SPF 45 sunscreen? Lightersup, so your saying I should overdo my tan cause my face will look kinda weird?

Thanks guys

No, I'm saying that considering the long-run, you probably don't want to tan too much, if you find that tanning reduces your red marks. I've seen alot of older people out here in Cali with obviously sun-damaged skin and it doesn't look very nice, so ALWAYS USE SUNBLOCK!