Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VTgirl9

Birth Control Pill- Microgestin, anyone?

Hey everyone i hope you are all well. I started a new birth control pill about a week ago called Microgestin Fe 1/20 aka Loestrin. I asked for something that night help with my acne and this is what she gave me. Has anyone ever tried this bcp and if so how did it work for you? I am kind of a little nervous, I just hope it doesn't make anything worse. I guess it has a lower dose of Estrogen which I don't know if that is beneficial or not. Thanks for your time!!!!

Hey!

Let me start by saying hormones & hormonal imbalance can wreck havoc on one's skin, and finding the right birth control can be tricky. Which pill works wonders for one may not work for another. Having said that, I was on Loestrin and my skin was a train wreck.

Again, let me stress that everone's body is different, so it may work for you, and I hope it does!!! I think they say you won't really notice any significant changes in your skin for a couple months.

I hope this didn't discourage you, just wanted to answer your post!

Thanks for your reply. I am going to give it a go and see what happens. Out of curiousity what bcp did you switch to?

Thanks for your reply. I am going to give it a go and see what happens. Out of curiousity what bcp did you switch to?

I switched to Yasmin. I don't have any side effects from it, and i like it. As far as my skin goes...it isn't fair to assess at this point because I've begun using Green Cream (retinol) and I know i'm getting breakouts from "purging". The one thing that you';ll probably like about the loestrin is that your periods are SO light!! It was wonderful!!