Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kei_fujo

bare minerals users unite!!!!

i just got some bare minerals and so far i like it. just wanted to hear any experiences with this line and see if there are any tips i should know.

I don't want to scare you, but I believe that Bare Minerals caused me to break out. It has an ingredient called Bismuth Oxide in it (which contributes to the sheen you seen on your skin after putting it on) that has been known to irritate skin and even cause breakouts.

However, a ton of people on this board love it. May just depend on the person. I loved it until I began breaking out!

so happy for you

:)

i have benn using this make up for a month and really love it

it gives a great coverage and i dont have any problems like break outs

i hope u like it

I don't want to scare you, but I believe that Bare Minerals caused me to break out. It has an ingredient called Bismuth Oxide in it (which contributes to the sheen you seen on your skin after putting it on) that has been known to irritate skin and even cause breakouts.

However, a ton of people on this board love it. May just depend on the person. I loved it until I began breaking out!

I bought it too, cost almost a hundred dollars here in Canada! Goodness....I took it home with high hopes...but as soon as I opened everything up and watched the DVD I knew something was off.

For one, the brushes I found kind of smelly...and they weren't really soft to my skin....I think that contributed to the irritation

And also, just like springmore, my skin itched really badly for maybe an hour or so after using it, probably because of Bismuth. I felt like I could see things "boiling" underneath my skin. It covered decent...but my skin was either really dry so it didn't cover nicely, or the moisturizer would make the coverage ugly. It also had that terrible sheen to it that stuck in my fine lines and made it look too obvious. Definitely not a product I want to go back to...but it does look pretty natural on my non-highly-problematic areas. I also thought there were too many steps...

Good luck!

PS: Just like Springmore, I use Physician's Formula Mineral Wear now too! With a really soft Body Shop brush...not the greatest combo but I'm easing off make up in general (:

i started using bare minerals over a year ago, and this make up has made my day, every day, ever since. the coverage is amazing, but moreso it's actually helped my complexion. (it makes me sad this apparently hasn't been the case for everyone else). i've also had problems in the past with foundation looking way too orange on me (I'M PALE, i wear "fair"), but i can honestly say that i've never had this problem with my BM, the color matches my skintone so so well.

plus, i love the non-matte finish, i'm young and love a little dewey-yet-not-shiney look.

Guest PokaHotAz

love it...love the coverage, love the look