Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ziggy

Meeting a guy this week...

I met this guy online, and he really wants to meet me in person. He has "fallen in love" with my pictures, he tells me.. the thing is, you can't exactly see all the flaws in my skin in these pictures. What's worse is that I had a very bad breakout this weekend and I am going to be seeing this guy for the first time. I almost feel like telling him I can't go, because I am too ashamed. I don't know what to do! :wall: IT REALLY SUCKS.

You only get ONE chance to make a first impression.......atleast offline.

my advice (and I speak from experience) wait until your comfortable enough with your skin to not regret your choice to meet this guy.

Also you may be surprised, It might be he that may be lacking in skin perfection, just a thought...

I've never understood how you can fall for someone over the internet. I mean, it's just text. You have no idea who you are typing to....

Anyway, different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

so ur gonna meet up with a stranger who said he fell in love with ur pictures?

tell me at least its a myspace thing where he has friends and stuff and not some random guy you chat with

That cantbe good...

He fell in love with your pictures? Thats the biggest load of crap. Sure he may find you cute, but doesn he like you for you? He may have told you that he likes ur personality but so far all youve told us is that he likes you for your looks.

Not much of a relationship there...

Also make sur ehe isnt a 50 year old rapist...

Hi, I met a guy online and ever since he's my boyfriend! He's the greatest guy ever and I'm so glad I met him. Anyway, like you, I was also a bit concerned about showing up with acne on my face. A few times, I didn't want to meet him when my acne was getting worse! But then I realized, well, if he really likes me, and if we're in a serious relationship, then why hide and be ashamed? Just be yourself when you meet the guy. And if he can't deal with your acne, then too bad for him!! We're all beautiful, we just need to deal with this acne and it takes some time.

Good luck with your date (if you're going).Also, I'd suggest talking to the guy on the phone first. Did you chat a lot online? make sure it's safe to meet him.

I met this guy online, and he really wants to meet me in person. He has "fallen in love" with my pictures, he tells me.. the thing is, you can't exactly see all the flaws in my skin in these pictures. What's worse is that I had a very bad breakout this weekend and I am going to be seeing this guy for the first time. I almost feel like telling him I can't go, because I am too ashamed. I don't know what to do! :wall: IT REALLY SUCKS.

Maybe he'll end up being a psychotic killer and end your sadness that acne has caused.

Maybe he'll end up being a psychotic killer and end your sadness that acne has caused.

ha ha thats so mean! :naughty:

I finally met a chick from online last weekend and I had a big ole zit on my cheek, but i dressed up nice and presented myself very well I thought and shes totally into me. I say just look as beautiful as I know you can and don't worry about it. best of luck and I wanna hear some updates on how this goes...

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

Where are all these people meeting online? Yahoo! Personals?

I wouldn't worry too much about your appearance. It's safe to assume that someone who fell in love with you from seeing your pictures online has some problems of his own.

Uh, if you really must meet him, be sure to meet in a very public place.

I know two people who met their partner on line.

one is a friend's sister who is a divorcee, she married

the guy and emigrated to America.

The other was an ex-colleague who was pretty and very

outgoing, so i was surprised when she told me she met

her bf on line, (they even brought a house together).

Strange but it does happen!

I've had the same problem, thats why I dont like meeting ppl off then net. Bcus in my pictures you can't really tell I have acne but in real life, eeek.

I've had the same thing as well.. but you know what, i did my hair and make up and put on nice clothes.. and thats all you can do. I wouldnt say postpone it.. unless you really really feel its going to effect how you present yourself to him.. if he is really 'in love' with you, it should be the last thing on his mind.

I know two people who met their partner on line.

one is a friend's sister who is a divorcee, she married

the guy and emigrated to America.

The other was an ex-colleague who was pretty and very

outgoing, so i was surprised when she told me she met

her bf on line, (they even brought a house together).

Strange but it does happen!

that's funny because i know a guy who is good looking who found a girl online and they recently bought a house together. weird, is your friend in florida or is that just a coincedense?