Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awoooga

Don't let Acne ruin your life

I feel drawn to this board more so than any other on the site. I have mild acne which devolped at a rather late age (19 or so) so I'm not really used to these acne problems. Anyway, when I was clear, I had a friend who had pretty bad acne and he made a point that he doesn't think people notice acne and that its not a big deal and I thought about it and totally agreed with him. I never focused on his skin problems it was something that was in the backround. I should let you know that most of my problems come from red marks and not really acne itself but I do go through periods of purging once in awhile and last week was one of them. I can't remember a time where my skin looked worse and for the first time I was about to stay in rather than go out with friends because of acne. I never thought I would ever get to that point in my life because that not like me to care about what other people think but that how I felt. In the end I went out because my friends forced me to and had a good time. When I went out I saw people with much worse skin than me and in a way it really made me feel better (even though I wish they could be clear). The main point here is not to let acne ruin your life. Most people view their problems as a lot worse than they really are and its true. Most of us on the board are young and are in the midst of the best years of our lifes. It would be a shame if you missed out an all the fun that comes with youth because of acne and when you look back at life I'm sure you will all regret doing it. Everyoen has problems some are short some are fat some are bald but that doesn't stop them from living and many of those are perminent problems. We really need to stop sulking and start going out and doing and I promise you won't regret it. So guys (and girls) lets get this going right now! No more negative threads about how upset you are and how acne is killing us lets see some I went out and met her or met him and now I'm so much happier than before. Feel free to share other positive things in this thread.

I feel drawn to this board more so than any other on the site. I have mild acne which devolped at a rather late age (19 or so) so I'm not really used to these acne problems. Anyway, when I was clear, I had a friend who had pretty bad acne and he made a point that he doesn't think people notice acne and that its not a big deal and I thought about it and totally agreed with him. I never focused on his skin problems it was something that was in the backround. I should let you know that most of my problems come from red marks and not really acne itself but I do go through periods of purging once in awhile and last week was one of them. I can't remember a time where my skin looked worse and for the first time I was about to stay in rather than go out with friends because of acne. I never thought I would ever get to that point in my life because that not like me to care about what other people think but that how I felt. In the end I went out because my friends forced me to and had a good time. When I went out I saw people with much worse skin than me and in a way it really made me feel better (even though I wish they could be clear). The main point here is not to let acne ruin your life. Most people view their problems as a lot worse than they really are and its true. Most of us on the board are young and are in the midst of the best years of our lifes. It would be a shame if you missed out an all the fun that comes with youth because of acne and when you look back at life I'm sure you will all regret doing it. Everyoen has problems some are short some are fat some are bald but that doesn't stop them from living and many of those are perminent problems. We really need to stop sulking and start going out and doing and I promise you won't regret it. So guys (and girls) lets get this going right now! No more negative threads about how upset you are and how acne is killing us lets see some I went out and met her or met him and now I'm so much happier than before. Feel free to share other positive things in this thread.

:clap: Yay! Great post.

So I'll start:

Nothing really interesting is going on for me right now, just school as always. Although I did see V for Vendetta yesterday and I really liked it :angel:. However, this summer I'm going to Spain for a month and working in a hotel- I'm really excited about that. I'm just doing it for fun (& my dad knows the owner ;)). Right after, I'm going to Peru to help build a little cottage. That's probably going to be the highlight of my summer. I still have a few months to go though...

On top of that, my mom has decided to move back to the states and that makes me really happy :angel:. I miss her.

Hmm... I guess that's all for now. I'm spending time with a few good friends from back in high school this weekend. I haven't seen them since HS, so that's gonna be nice.

Hi I'm new to this site, I'll be 46 this year and for the last 3 to 4 years I've had outbreaks of what my doctor called hormonal acne which i must admit hadn't heard of, as i always thought acne was something that started in teenage years, that some grew out of and others persevered with it for the rest of their lives. my acne which consisted of inflamed raw patches around my mouth area which would weep and spread, would come and go around the time of my monthly cycle. Sometimes i would go a couple of months, have my complexion soft and clear, then it would come back with a vengence. I had a hysterectomy 18 months ago and everything seemed fine until last November, where it started off again, little blemishes which spread, became itchy and this time just wouldn't leave me alone. I must add I am also on to my 3rd change of H.R.T which I thought could be the cause of this outbreak. I have been given bp cream which i have been using for the past 3 weeks. At first this was making it worse, my face burning, itching, flaking, and drying out. I stopped using it and was ready to make an appointment to see my doc as i thought i was allergic to the bp, then i came across this site which has really boosted my confidence right up. I'm back to using the cream which is 25mg and i printed the regime out which i'm going to stick to. Its obvious now that the redness, burning and itching is to be expected when using the bp and I think i did do the right thing anyway by having a little break as it did start to show signs of fading. The one thing that does get me down is the feeling of itchiness and its hard not to touch at this point. I have always used moisturiser day and night but was not applying when i used bp before going to bed. This has now changed and i now apply a good amount at least 10mins after applying bp, which has made all the difference. I now get up in the morning, splash warm water to my face and use a mild facial wash then apply plenty moisturiser.I have not been out for over 3 months apart from when I've gone with my husband to the supermarket (twice).After reading this site i can honestly say my confidence has been boosted and hopefully given time my face will clear. In the meantime I have come to the conclusion after reading this site ,why should i wait until my face has the all clear to go out,i have missed out, been miserable and all because of my spots and my vanity.I'm now going to sort my dancing gear out and shock my hubby into taking me out for a real good boogy :dance::dance::dance:

I to am 19 and am experiencing acne for really right now. Prior to this point I would get a few here and there, and a NASTY cyst every few months or so, but now, for some unknown reason, I am breaking out like mad. It is indeed alot easier said than done to live a normal life and go out and have fun, but it must be done. I am about 50-50 right now as far as going out goes, i stay in 50% of the times that i am asked to go out and do stuff. And I find that when I do go out, I can usually forget about my acne and be happy, but I always forget that part just before I go out.... In fact just as I am writting this I just got a call from a friend and made up an excuse to go out. It is overpowering at times and i simply can not do it, but it does make it better to go out...

A cunundrom indeed.

Hi Everyone, It's been a while since I wrote. Few months ago I was terrible not severe acne but it was bad. To go from a clear skin to a face full of pimples was horrible. On top of that I was hit with stress. I went to a derm and he gave me atibiotics (mino) who told me it was going to get worse and then better. for three months it was bad my neck was horrible, red and it was iching so bad. I decided to cope with it for three months. No more antibiotics, most of my pimples cleared but i do get pimples on my forehead nose and chin, t zone to be exact. But definitely not as bad as it was. I guess it was most of it because of the stress. I would, cry everyday, didn't go out, and everything changed since then. Eventhough I look much much better I still get stress I guess becuase mostly I am scared to go back to were I was. 13 days ago My boyfriends mother suggested anti depressants, clomipramine, for 10 days to see how i react to them and I slept like a baby, during the day I would forget about some few of the pimples I have and would take wonderful naps.lol.. My face was much better I guess because of the sleep I was getting. and no more bad moods. 3 days ago I stopped with the pills. The next day I could not sleep again and today I decided to read about stress and acne and let me tell you stress does have something to do with my pimples. If I continue with the anti depressants I need to take them for 6 weeks. Please do let me know your thoughts about it!!

Evelyn.

I've been trying to become more active. I'm going out thursday for the day, even though I just broke out on my chin. (partially my fault...serial picker) I'm going to try to forget about my scaring and whatnot, and just try to enjoy the day for what it's worth. I plan on going to get my hair cut, and dress up nice and just do it. I'm really excited to try this. It's hard to learn, and accept that you need to get on with things...but I am finally realizing that it's very possible. It's something that everyone should try. Even if they are baby steps...they will teach you to walk confidently and surely on your own eventually. Start small, and work your way up.

fuck that antidepressant shit