Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkxqoo

2 months and broke out bad

damm. my acne can be rated by mild with occasional papules which left scaring. and white heads.

i am using the regimen correctly. but i dun see a big improvement in my skin. and i now have 3 more new papuples breaking out. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME. i am on my 2 month and i guessed i broke out veri bad. before the 2nd month it was good like my skin was healing then BAM.

will i still breakout anymore i am scared . and i think that the regimen dosent help.

i uses, neutrogena bp, cetephill gentle clenser ,neutrogena oil fre moisturizer and eucerin 2% latic moisturizer. guys. help

I know how you feel. I'm just ending my 2nd month and my faces had cleared 98% and bam. I got 9 new papules this week and one is right between my eyes brows. I feel like have a horn between my eyes. I have no idea what to do except stick to the regimen. I have faith it will work. Well good luck.

This is something you should think about and here is my story (no BS) - I was clear for a couple months and today, I have 10+ new pimples, ranging from small ones to the big nasty cysts. Last week, I fell off the wagon from eating MSG. I already knew that MSG causes pimples for me, but I ate it anyway (yeah, that was really stupid!!!). I used to eat sushi (yes, seaweed contains MSG and someone told me that's actually the source of MSG) once a week on Fridays and broke out the next day - it took me 6 months to find that out. I always wonder why I broke out in the weekends and now I know why.

You know, when the dermatologists say that food doesn't cause breakouts, I think that's total BS. I know for a fact that MSG causes breakout for me, and really bad ones too. So if you think you ate MSG food over the past week, this may be the problem. My coworker also had MSG food the whole week with me, but she didn't break out so everyone is different. My GF also eats MSG and it doesn't affect her so it doesn't affect everyone. But I know it definitely affects me. HTH...

-Tom

I know how you feel. I'm just ending my 2nd month and my faces had cleared 98% and bam. I got 9 new papules this week and one is right between my eyes brows. I feel like have a horn between my eyes. I have no idea what to do except stick to the regimen. I have faith it will work. Well good luck.

just so u know the regimen works for a LOT of us ok peeps

Dont be put off or dissheartened by these sort of storys as they are few and far between.

and as for advice, id say are u using the correct ammount of BP?

maybe switch to dans CSR as once i had my skin cleared up so much better!

darkx. Let us know what products you're using and exactly what you're doing morning and evening please.

Why would this regimen cause a breakout? It seems like this 2nd week breakout thing is a for sure thing during the process of thie regimen - but WHY? What is the cause of this breakout? The bp?..

I'm on month 3 still breaking out. Hang in there kiddo.

Why would this regimen cause a breakout? It seems like this 2nd week breakout thing is a for sure thing during the process of thie regimen - but WHY? What is the cause of this breakout? The bp?..

MSG stands for monosodium glutimate, which give some people headaches/migraines, but for Asians, it's a big hit in terms of flavor enhancement. A majority of the asian restaurants use MSG on their foods. Without it, the food is not so good. But I rather take salt over MSG just so I don't break out.

MSG? Modified Starch Groups? is that what your talking about?

What else kinds of food is this found in?

MSG is unhealthy either way since it's a chemical. You might be able to ask them not to make your order with MSG or see if there is a place near you that doesn't use it. A Chinese resteraunt in my area advertises in their menu that they don't use MSG so maybe there is one around you that doesn't use it either.

my regimen.

morning

-cetephill clenser

-neutrogena on the spot bp

wait 10 mins

-neutrogena moisturizer spf 15

after school about 2+

-wash with cetephill clenser

-use ice to rub the really painful papuples

evening

-cetephill clenser

-netrogena bp

-eucerin skin regulating skin gel which contains 2% latic acid

to brady, yes i have use the 2 fingers squeeze. not alot anymore

dun know wad is happening?

cant figure it out .

btw i have about 3 papules on my face and i have no idea how to get rid of it. it's painful and is veri big.

i guess it will leave a big brown spot. = =

btw can i use my tooth paste to put on the papule insted of my bp. cause i heard from ppl saying it will subside it

btw for 2 applications i wake up at 6 den after i put it i wash it around 2. wad time should i start the next application?

my regimen.

morning

-cetephill clenser

-neutrogena on the spot bp

wait 10 mins

-neutrogena moisturizer spf 15

after school about 2+

evening

-cetephill clenser

-netrogena bp

-eucerin skin regulating skin gel which contains 2% latic acid

to brady, yes i have use the 2 fingers squeeze. not alot anymore

dun know wad is happening?

cant figure it out .

btw i have about 3 papules on my face and i have no idea how to get rid of it. it's painful and is veri big.

i guess it will leave a big brown spot. = =

btw can i use my tooth paste to put on the papule insted of my bp. cause i heard from ppl saying it will subside it

btw for 2 applications i wake up at 6 den after i put it i wash it around 2. wad time should i start the next application?

okay, you are adding in an extra cleansing session that should not be there.

Just wash twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening before you go to bed, each time applying your bp and moisturizer.

I would not use toothpaste at all on my face. :hand:

If you need to ice some tough one's, I would do it after the cleansing, before the bp, and not add in an extra cleansing in the middle of the day.

You are using two squiggly lines of bp, that's the correct amount.

What about shaving? Do you shave? (I think you are a guy).

ya i m a guy but 18, lols. nothing much with shaving though, its like about once a month i shave or once every 2 months. lol.

if i dun wash my face after school my face is very oily and it feels like it cant breath.

wad should my interval be. i wake up at 6 and sleep at about 9. = =

btw, i feel very discourage and depressed by the new acne caused ARGH. and there are 2 new red spots on my older acne.its like a routine, after a few weeks the old acne starts to fade to nothing but leave a little spot there den suddenly new one comes out on the exact spot of the old one ARGH. wad is happening. am i not suitable fer da regimen?

If the regimens been working before and you just broke out now then you are probably suitable for the regimen, anyway most people are unless there allergic to BP or have very severe acne. Try not be be put off by this it is probably just a final 'surge' of stuff coming to surface as breakouts are common in the first 3 months and if you stick with the regimen it will probably clear up quicker than usual and you should be back on your way to clear skin! Good Luck! :)

aw, thx for the encouragement anyway. but unless my acne gets better i keep psychologically tink of how bad my image is. hais. btw theres one way to take it off ur mind, juz think of all the borned disabled people. i noe its somesort of cruel tinking to be better den them but i mean at least our acne can be cure when theirs cant be. =(

i really hope its the last breakout and they are purging out everything. hais. anyway thx fer the encouragement. hope the next post will be about my gud news =)

i dun tink eating food will make u breakout thought,

i'm not a m`sian but a singaporean. harhar. =)

i really thx all for the encouragement but i am afraid of disapointment GUYS!

after school about 2+

You have a LONG period of time where you face has no BP on it, in which time the bacteria will be multiplying and causing damage, PLUS You're washing your face 3 times.

Here is what I suggest, skip the afternoon cleanse, if you want to reduce swelling, wrap the ice cubes in a plastic cling film or similar, so they dont get your face wet, but they still take down the swelling.

Stick to morning and evening washes and don't remove the BP inbetween.