Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glennart

My exp. with the regimen..

First of all sorry for my spelling/grammar. :lol:

I have had bad acne for almost a year now. Im 17 yrs old. I went on the regimen a couple of months ago. I would rate the acne i had at that time moderate with breakouts pretty much all over my face. I did the regimen pretty much exactly as outlined with similar products. (I wont name the brands since i live in sweden so you wont know of them anyway.)

Here is what happened:

Week 1: No major changes, less oily. (Im thinking everything is fine)

Week 2: Less breakouts! Pimples drying and dissapearing! (Thinking everything is super fine!)

Week 3: A small setback, but still looking good. (Thinking everything is still ok.)

week 4: Pretty much same as week 3, but skin feeling itchy and a bit sore. (Thinking it will pass)

Week 5: WORSE Breakouts than ever before! As in CYSTIC BREAKOUTS. I had never ever had Cysts like that before. (Feeling like this ---> :(:cry: )

Week 6: No more regimen for me!

THE REGIMEN MADE MY ACNE 3 TIMES WORSE! So much fun! :dance::clap:

I would rate it SEVERE, 10+ cysts on my face along with so many pimples that you cant count them.

Well i guess thats my own fault for putting all that nasty Sh*t on my face!! :wall:

Later i went on antibiotics. (Tetracycline) Another HUGE Misstake. I lasted 6 weeks. Felt so sick it was insane. Constant Headache, Fatuige, dizzyness, Totally screwed up stomach, depression, etc... It did help a bit with my face, it made it less inflammed. But long term i belive it made things even WORSE!

Today my acne is so much better thanks to diet, cleansing, avoiding all commercial products. But thats a diffrent story for a diffreny forum! Hopefully im better off. I feel 10x better all over. And one day i will be clear!

My advice to anyone trying this regimen out is to be CAREFULL. You could end up screwing your face up even more.But if the regimen works for you and you are happy with it then great for you! I dont blame Dan for this, and i dont blame my derm for giving me tetracycline. Dan just wants to help, and the derm is just doing his job.

Good luck fighting acne, whichever way you chose to battle it.

/Glein

whilst on the regimen ive noticed that my spots arnt just white heads any more aswell :S, they are red things a lot harder to budge and take weeks to go away! you can see the yellowy surface under the skin but no head has formed i think they are papules but ive never had them this frequent before :S!!!!!!

whilst on the regimen ive noticed that my spots arnt just white heads any more aswell :S, they are red things a lot harder to budge and take weeks to go away! you can see the yellowy surface under the skin but no head has formed i think they are papules but ive never had them this frequent before :S!!!!!!

Same here i have a big red stubbon one with no head,think its a nodule or a papule,and is lasting forveer and will probs leave a big scar.Am having 2nd thoughts about this regimen!

it's always frustrating to hear stories like this. I'm sorry you all are struggling.

But for those of you willing to hang in there, give it at least 3 months. I know you have heard me and Dan say that time and time again, but it's because there have been sooooo many people who have had your same frustrating experience, only to come back later and say they were glad they stuck with it. Sometimes it takes beyond 3 months to get that clearing.

Just do keep in mind that all acne programs take a few months generally to get the problem under control. And even Accutane, as potent as it is, takes 6 months, typically with horrible breakouts along the way!

So whatever treatment route you take, give it time to work. Acne is an ongoing cycle that has to be broken, and sometimes in the more stubborn cases, it can take a bit longer to get that cycle broken.

Derms dont help to much...They take your money thats not help[ing and make people try so many fucken things... Yea each visit is more money for them... More visits the better....NOw they are ripping people off so i say fuck derms.... Kiss my fucken middle figure ass fucken holes.....

I doubt the regimen would have cleared me upp even if i stuck to it 3 months. :( The products are to irritating for me. But i dont care, since i have faith in my new lifestyle and a new positive outlook on my whole well-being! I WILL PWN ACNE! I just need a little bit more time! Maybe i will struggle for a year, maybe 5 years. It does not mater. I KNOW i will get rid of this crap. And if all and everything fails. Then i guess i would have to live with it! Screw acne, it sucks big time but there is still more to life than it!

Brandy i love your attitude! Thanks for your reply!

the regimen works for a lot of us

i didnt see results til 6-7weeks

before then my skin stil looked crap an i had a few breakouts that made me feel like u do

but im clear now an i never have been this clear in my life so i guess thats the regimen seeing as im only 20

Interesting story. I don't think gentle cleansing and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% is what made your skin flare up. I think it was most likely bound to happen and just coincided with week 5 for you that you happened to be on the regimen. Something that drastic sounds like it might be hormonal to me. Back in college I had the same sort of thing happen. One day I had a few zits, per usual, and the next week I was lookin' seriously afflicted, but I had changed nothing that I could think of.

At any rate, if what you're doing now is working for you, you're all set. May I ask what you were using on the regimen? What products? And exactly what you were doing morning and evening?

Interesting story. I don't think gentle cleansing and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% is what made your skin flare up. I think it was most likely bound to happen and just coincided with week 5 for you that you happened to be on the regimen. Something that drastic sounds like it might be hormonal to me. Back in college I had the same sort of thing happen. One day I had a few zits, per usual, and the next week I was lookin' seriously afflicted, but I had changed nothing that I could think of.

At any rate, if what you're doing now is working for you, you're all set. May I ask what you were using on the regimen? What products? And exactly what you were doing morning and evening?

Hey Dan thanks for your response, Im 100% sure that it was NOT a coincident with the regimen. It was due to the products.I wont name the products since they are swedish brands probably unknown to you. I just wanted to share this experience. Anyway im looking clearer each week with what im doing now so no worries! Everything is looking good! :cool:

Thanks Dan for a great and productive site! :clap: