Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teaspoon

How long have you been treating your red marks?

This forum is littered with techniques and methods for reducing the appearance of red marks. Everything from doing nothing to using lasers.

There are many threads where the poster proclaims their treatment to be the best and has yielded incredible results. Yet, it is still a persistent problem for many people, so it is clear that no one treatment has been discovered that effectively works.

Many people have found *temporary* success, posted here, and then never really posted again. Many people have tried dozens of results over the course of months and yet they till have red marks.

I'm most interested in weeding out what are likely to have just been temporary results or covering-up results and revealing what is actually working. If you've only been on a treatment for a couple days, be sure to post back here when you've been on it for a couple weeks.

I used aloe vera a while back with decent results. But that took a VERY long time.

The only thing that gave me results was the sun. Id get tanned (some cases burnt) and my red marks would practically be gone. AS the tan faded, the red marks got lighter.

I tried A.V., hydroquinone, delna's reg, Jess's reg both of which broke me out where I never get pimples so I stopped. The thing that I use and has worked well is Vitamins and time (I know we all hate this one). Marks that I had from January of last year faded by December but I got a breakout within the next week that left no ones in similar areas (I only get them on my right cheek weird right) and which I am treating now. There really is no quick fix with this the best thing to do wait it out because nothing really gets marks to fade completely other than time.

BF do you post on DMBtabs I could swear I've seen your name there before. I don't post there much but every so often I read.

BF do you post on DMBtabs I could swear I've seen your name there before. I don't post there much but every so often I read.

I know of that site but i never post there.

I usually post at acousticguitar.com and Delcamp. I also post at several blues forums.

I used aloe vera a while back with decent results. But that took a VERY long time.

You used it for a while with decent results... but then the results stopped happening? or they reverted? or you just moved to try something new?

I tried A.V., hydroquinone, delna's reg, Jess's reg both of which broke me out where I never get pimples so I stopped. The thing that I use and has worked well is Vitamins and time (I know we all hate this one). Marks that I had from January of last year faded by December but I got a breakout within the next week that left no ones in similar areas (I only get them on my right cheek weird right) and which I am treating now. There really is no quick fix with this the best thing to do wait it out because nothing really gets marks to fade completely other than time.

Well, yes and no. Ultimately, there is no 'quick fix', but the purpose of this thread is to hopefully weed out things that only work temporarily and separate them from actual treatments that will continuously fade marks.

time and usage of things known to help like AHA's and the aloe vera gel will help, beside that theres not much you can really do. id suggest using some kind of light concealer of some sor to cover the stuff up until it heals, im a guy and felt no shame in using it before

I really retin micro A when used every 3 days. I find I can gently rub off the outer layer of dead skin cells and over a short period of time, the red marks fade to the point where it might just look like a tiny freckle or it's so faint, just a little concealer is needed with some powder, and it looks like you have flawless skin.

Also, LOTS AND LOTS OF SUNSCREEN because you don't want hyperpigmentation.