Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Marino

TCA cross for red marks

Guest Marino
Posted

Anyone know anything about TCA cross for red marks?

For those of you that dont know, TCA cross is method where by a strong percentage of tca is used to spot treat on an individual indented scar.

In some people, the scar rebuilds itself and forms into new flatter skin.

I am curious as to weather or not this could work on red marks, the pigmentation probably couldn't be as deep as the scar tissue,

in theory it should work...

A little bit of history:

-I had a full face TCA peel at 30 percent sometime in August 2005, it did nothing for red marks. In fact, i went a step backwards, i had pink colour in my cheeks for months.

-22nd of March [last wednesday] i went to see my plastic surgeon for a one month follow up after my last set of restylane injections.

He said the scaring on my left temple had flattened out from the injections, but the redness was still there.

He wanted to do a TCA peel at 35 percent for me, i said no due to bad experiances with the last one i had.

I asked to be spot treated instead. I'm still scabing on my right temple, and the area is still inflamed, so its to hard to judge yet.

Does anyone have any experiances with TCA cross for red marks?

Heres my logic behind using 50 percent TCA spot treatment for red marks:

-its travels deep enough to destroy deep scar tissue [so its strong enough]

-Many people who perform TCA cross do not get any pigmentation problems after [its safe enough]

-I have seen before and after photos at a plastic surgery clinic for a phenol peel, the red marks were totally gone [proof that deep peels can kill pigmentation problems]

So far it seems safe, affordable, strong enough to work. I'm willing to give this a try on my temples sometime june/july unless someone can talk me out of it based on bad experiances....

Posted

Anyone know anything about TCA cross for red marks?

For those of you that dont know, TCA cross is method where by a strong percentage of tca is used to spot treat on an individual indented scar.

In some people, the scar rebuilds itself and forms into new flatter skin.

I am curious as to weather or not this could work on red marks, the pigmentation probably couldn't be as deep as the scar tissue,

in theory it should work...

A little bit of history:

-I had a full face TCA peel at 30 percent sometime in August 2005, it did nothing for red marks. In fact, i went a step backwards, i had pink colour in my cheeks for months.

-22nd of March [last wednesday] i went to see my plastic surgeon for a one month follow up after my last set of restylane injections.

He said the scaring on my left temple had flattened out from the injections, but the redness was still there.

He wanted to do a TCA peel at 35 percent for me, i said no due to bad experiances with the last one i had.

I asked to be spot treated instead. I'm still scabing on my right temple, and the area is still inflamed, so its to hard to judge yet.

Does anyone have any experiances with TCA cross for red marks?

Heres my logic behind using 50 percent TCA spot treatment for red marks:

-its travels deep enough to destroy deep scar tissue [so its strong enough]

-Many people who perform TCA cross do not get any pigmentation problems after [its safe enough]

-I have seen before and after photos at a plastic surgery clinic for a phenol peel, the red marks were totally gone [proof that deep peels can kill pigmentation problems]

So far it seems safe, affordable, strong enough to work. I'm willing to give this a try on my temples sometime june/july unless someone can talk me out of it based on bad experiances....

Actual "red" marks are not melanin pigmentation (on epidermis). Red comes from blood vessels, they're DEEPER in your dermis. TCA will not get that. Peels made my 'red' marks worse because of the inflammation. They DO improve "brownish" marks. So if your marks have browness in them, you'll likely see an improvement.