Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So ive been on that stuff for almost a year, 50mg a day at night, and all of a sudden, bam, breakout galore!, do you think i becam immune? and up my dose to 100mg, or just weight the agony of having these damn things until the 30th, when i have a appointment with my derm?

^^ well in my case, i took it when i had minor acne to moderate, it cleared up in like 2 weeks, then like almost a year later BAM! it came back slowly and all together. thats pretty much how i know, ive had this damn acne for 3 months and finnaly in going to see my derm thursday to see what she has to say, i upped my dosage last night to 100mg : )

"Immune," in the sense that aquafinayo is using it, simply means that the acne-causing bacteria on your skin are now *resistant* to minocycline. This almost always happens over the course of using the antibiotic, and now taking minocycline is useless for the moment because it won't be able to kill the bacteria. You know when your bacteria develops reistance when you start breaking out more than you have in the past.

The best thing to do then is to swtich to another oral antibiotic for a few months, and if resistance develops to that antibiotic, then switch back to minocycline.

The best way to prevent antibiotic reisistance is to *always* take your antibiotic on schedule, and never miss a day.

im on 100mg of minocyline a day and im only 16 with very mild acne.

its fine for me - no side effects, except my skin hasnt got any clearer after 3 months

im on 100mg of minocyline a day and im only 16 with very mild acne.

its fine for me - no side effects, except my skin hasnt got any clearer after 3 months

i got clear after like 3 weeks and i have very moderate acne, not much, just on my chin, and i was on only 50mg, i loved it, untill NOW :eh: