Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathtoAcne

And So it Begins...

Hello fellow acne sufferers!

My name's Lauren and I'm going on 19 years old. I've had mild to moderate (during certain times of the month) acne since I was 15. I've always been told my acne will go away as I get older, but if anything it has just gotten worse. For about a year and a half, I've been using ProActiv. While there is a noticable difference between when I am using ProActiv and when I am not, I am unhappy with my results. I still have a good amount of acne while using ProActiv (which I honestly think I've become immune to) so tonight will be my first night on the Clear Skin Regimen. :D

My personal face regimen consists of...

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

I'm also fighting mild chest and back acne, to which I will be using...

Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub

and a Hard Bristle Body Brush

I'm hoping that my face is already used to massive amounts of BP due to ProActiv and I won't have any side effects like peeling or reddness. If it gets rid of my acne though, I can deal with it. I'm going to attempt to keep this thing updated, and try my best to amusing let you know how the regimen is working.

Wish me luck! :pray:

Day 2

My face stings! All last night and during the day today, my face has been quite itchy and it stings a lot. I'm trying so hard not to scratch, but it's difficult. I hope this passes soon...I thought my face would be used to this with the constant BP I used during ProActiv. I guess not. :confused:

I don't think I had any new zits this morning...a few of the older ones are starting to clear up a bit, so that's good. I just wish this burning would stop. :wall:

Day 3

WOW! My face stings really really badly! Maybe I started off a bit overzealous because I though my ProActiv use would have already hardened my face to BP, but I was wrong. Luckily I'm on Spring Break this week, so I didn't really have to worry about leaving the house with the wrinkles around my eyes and dry skin. My brother actually asked me if I got punched because it was so red and dark under my eyes. I think I need to try a bit harder to keep the BP away from my eyes.

I really hope this stinging and tightness lets up sometime soon. :doubt:

Day 5

Ugh. The peeling, redness and soreness has started to definitely let up, although it's still a bit annoying. I haven't gotten any new zits since beginning the regimen, but my scars and old zits are really noticable. I may introduce Mederma into my regimen soon because these scars are really bothersome. I'll add some pictures of my progress so far, so be on the lookout for that.