Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dita

Do you have to stop wearing contacts when on accutane?

My eyes gets extremely dry right when I wake up in the morning. Nothing visine can't fix :D I still wear contacts on a daily basis.

I would really hate going back to geeky glasses. :(

No you don't. No worries. :) Your eyes might get a little irritated by them, but Visene will fix that. Good luck.

I would really hate going back to geeky glasses. :(

I still wear my contacts, but my eyes get extremely red.

I wear my contacts daily until around 2 in the afternoon, then wear my glasses

for the afternoon. That seems to work for me.

So I can keep wearing them as long as I have my drops with me at all times right? (which I already do)

Sorry to bear bad news, but you "may" have to quit contacts. My eyes got so dry for about a month and half in the middle of my course that there would have been no way to wear contacts. Several people commented because I was blinking so constantly so often. All in all, it depends on your eyes. From what people say, the majority will be able to wear contacts; I'm just saying, it isn't 100%, and you shouldn't try to force it if your eyes can't handle it. cheers

Some people can not tolerate them while on Accutane, and sometimes this persists after treatment. Some people are able to wear contacts through the entire course with no issues at all.

Use a good eyedrop designed for dry contacts, don't use anything that "gets the red out."

Some people can not tolerate them while on Accutane, and sometimes this persists after treatment. Some people are able to wear contacts through the entire course with no issues at all.

Use a good eyedrop designed for dry contacts, don't use anything that "gets the red out."

I had to keep eyedrops by my bed and often had to use them in the middle of the night (and definitely first thing in the morning). My eyes got really, really dry but I was still able to wear my contacts. My eyes got drier than anything else on by body.