Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnecangotohell

ice cube what time of the day and how long

til ur face is freezing cold i guesss lol.

ive never done anythin like that before.

does it work to reduce inflamed spots coz they arnt like a bruise as such, its stuff inside a pore.

wudnt have thought freezing it wud make the contense any less inflamed.....?

anyone?

I run an ice cube over my entire face after washing, morning and night. I also keep my products, all except my face wash, in the fridge. It helps with inflammation. Don't hold it in only one spot, it will freeze your skin, which is not good. I have read that when you skin in irritated and inflamed, the BP doesn’t get into the pores well, which you need to apply more, hence more irritation... Since I'm doing the ice cube thing, I've seen a big difference in my skin and I'm using the same amount of BP.

This is interesting - I've always used warmth on acne, especially blind pimples... I hold a warm wet washcloth on them a few times a day to try and coax them into a head, cos then I can get rid of them :).

are you trying to ice a cyst to get it to go down?

Just gently run an ice cube over it a few times a day. This helps to reduce redness/swelling. Do it gently, then put a good amount of bp on it.

this doesn't always work, but it usually keeps them from getting worse.

Heat will generally cause something to get more red and swell up, and sometimes bring them to a head.

Don't forget to wrap the ice cube in something before putting it on your face, as you're never supposed to apply direct ice to your skin. It burns it, if that makes sense to you. Wrap a thin clean wash cloth around it before putting it on your skin.

It burns it, if that makes sense to you...

Burning is caused by the aggresive transfer of energy between two bodies having a radical difference of temperatures. That's why you can get burnt by touching something either extremely cold or hot.

So, wrapping the ice-cub with a napkin before gliding it over your skin is a good advice.

Guest Akira

could you use a tissue to put the ice cube in?

I've never wrapped the ice when I have used it. I just take an ice cube, run it over the area gently a few times, then that's it. I've never gotten any burn doing this.

But, if you are concerned, you can put it in a ziploc baggie, then hold that over the area.