Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hiya,

I am really fed up of my skin over the last few weeks, i havent got any real bad spots as i am on anti-biotics but i have loads of little pimples under the skin which makes my skin look real bad especially when i put a bit of make up on.

I am doing the CSR only once a day at night, anyone got any ideas of how to get rid of them please :(

i am a firm believer in not using antibiotics.

I'm sorry - but she/he doesn't really need to hear that. I know all the arguments against the use of antibiotics, but if that is the only thing to keep ones skin pretty much clear and if they do not have acne severe enough for accutane, than that is what they should use. I use antibiotics and i know all about the risks of immunity etc, but i'd rather have clear skin now than have loads of acne and feel good that my body is not becoming immune to them,

Just my opinion!

Rain :)

i am a firm believer in not using antibiotics.

I'm sorry - but she/he doesn't really need to hear that. I know all the arguments against the use of antibiotics, but if that is the only thing to keep ones skin pretty much clear and if they do not have acne severe enough for accutane, than that is what they should use. I use antibiotics and i know all about the risks of immunity etc, but i'd rather have clear skin now than have loads of acne and feel good that my body is not becoming immune to them,

Just my opinion!

Rain :)

Is it inflammatory acne or non-inflammatory acne (whiteheads). If it is inflammatory, then I would try the BP twice a day. If you have alot of non-inflammatory acne try topical salysilic acid once a day, or go to your doctor to get a retinoid to help unclog your pores (BP and antibiotics won't clear pores).

Is it inflammatory acne or non-inflammatory acne (whiteheads). If it is inflammatory, then I would try the BP twice a day. If you have alot of non-inflammatory acne try topical salysilic acid once a day, or go to your doctor to get a retinoid to help unclog your pores (BP and antibiotics won't clear pores).

I havent heard of retinoid before, i will ask my doctor next time i go see him if i can have that too.

Its mainly inflammatory, its only mild as i am on these antibiotics, if i get a lump that normally dont get a head i either ice it for a little while and i will put hydrocortizone cream on it but even tho it can help it keeps my skin oily.

I just got this little group of pimples under the skin on my cheek and i cant seem to shift them