Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NickC84

Insurance and Scar treatments

I work for a hospital and after 90 days I get free health benefits but I was wundering if that would cover like tretments for my scars and acne? I have 4 deep indended pits from cysts on my neck and a few more in other places...ANd of course acne to go along Any feedback would be great on how everyones insurance workes for them THanks

i had dermabrasion paid for by my dad's insurance when i was in college. at first, they said no, but i'm pretty persistent. i kept arguing that the treatment wasn't for purely cosmetic purposes, but was psychological in nature. i finally won.

i kept arguing that the treatment wasn't for purely cosmetic purposes, but was psychological in nature.

Aren't all "COSMETIC" procedures the result of a PSYCHOLOGICAL motive???????

PSYCHOLOGICALY people don't feel good about their appareance and that's why they resource to cosmetic procedures. So I really doubt that you can use this excuse. Insurance may cover certain cosmetic procedures ONLY IF they are life threatening or if they cause an underlying health problem.

Even if I told my ensurance that my scars get me so depressed that I want to commit suicide, it wouldn't cover.

ThereIsLight, I think you were so lucky that they bit your "PSYCHOLOGICAL" story. MOst insurance companies are getting tougher and tougher.

NICKC84, but I've heard that if you happen to have a "Special Connection" with both or one of the parties involved (Doctor-Health Insurance) , your cosmetic procedure may get covered. Call it dishonesty, bribery, kickback, or whatever you want but that's what a lof of people have done.

yeah i dont know: it worked for me. i do there are degrees of comestic needs though.

wanting huge fake tits is psychological (i guess...) but its not the same as having had a disease like acne that left scars.

i also told them that i was having trouble with basic every day things such as shaving b/c even shaving would make me bleed and it was impairing my every day functioning.