Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fort

I've been two years on the regimen

found this site about two years ago, haven’t posted here in ages mainly because I thought my username had been deleted in the forum upgrade (prob about a year ago now) anyway thought i'd just give a little voice of experience to anyone who's just found this...

first off a little background, had acne since the age of 13 (now 20) at 15 i went to the docs and was put on anti-biotics, this continued for 3 years and each year a different type of anti-biotic. Came to the end of all the possible anti-biotics and had to find other means of control. So i found this site.

It probably took about 3 months to clear me totally (i had what the docs call moderate acne, so 5-10 cysts and lots of general zits!) I followed the regimen vigorously , twice a day at 2.5% everyday. For about a year i carried on doing the regimen twice a day, but this past year i've become a bit lazy and i think my acnes starting to calm down naturally so i've gone onto half a finger once a day, and every other day half finger twice a day.

i'd just like to say to people that if you miss an application its not the end of the world! and when you start the regimen don't do what i did and many others have done and whack a full fingers worth of bp on your face......3 days of chemical burns to my face, told people i fell asleep in the sun! :redface:

anyway my main point of this post is to encourage those of you who have just started and not seeing any improvements, GIVE IT TIME! I've been on many various acne medications and this regimen beats them all hands down. .. No getting immune to medication, no not being able to drink, cheap, convenient and very effective.

ps. wanking and sex does not cause acne ... hehe still makes me laugh that people are still posting these questions! :lol:

Hey, when you mean 3 months, do you mean 12 weeks or 3 months?

I've been on it for 10 weeks now and although it's gotten to points where it has looked better than it has for years, it keeps on breaking out again and again and I can't stand it!

I don't even feel like going to school tomorrow...

and I haven't changed one thing in the regimen...

So, fort, were you still breaking out after 10 weeks?

Yep, doing it just how it's supposed to be done, like in the videos.

and as for irritation- I'm avoiding it more now than ever! I even try to avoid putting my face to the pillow at night.

i'm thinking I just have a whole buncha junk that needs to get out, and it happens to be more than most people maybe.

wah.

tbh i can't remember if it was 3 months or 10 weeks, 3 months was a bit of a guess anyways!

i know not everyone here is convinced about the diet/acne issue but my personal experiance is that when i stay away from high (refined?) suger content food (chocolate bars, coke etc) my skins much better. Even if this isn't the case you should avoid them anyway due to genreal diet and health issues! may also want to experiment with avoiding milk and food with high saturated fat content (crisps, chips) never know, it could help?!

good luck.

found this site about two years ago, haven’t posted here in ages mainly because I thought my username had been deleted in the forum upgrade (prob about a year ago now) anyway thought i'd just give a little voice of experience to anyone who's just found this...

first off a little background, had acne since the age of 13 (now 20) at 15 i went to the docs and was put on anti-biotics, this continued for 3 years and each year a different type of anti-biotic. Came to the end of all the possible anti-biotics and had to find other means of control. So i found this site.

It probably took about 3 months to clear me totally (i had what the docs call moderate acne, so 5-10 cysts and lots of general zits!) I followed the regimen vigorously , twice a day at 2.5% everyday. For about a year i carried on doing the regimen twice a day, but this past year i've become a bit lazy and i think my acnes starting to calm down naturally so i've gone onto half a finger once a day, and every other day half finger twice a day.

i'd just like to say to people that if you miss an application its not the end of the world! and when you start the regimen don't do what i did and many others have done and whack a full fingers worth of bp on your face......3 days of chemical burns to my face, told people i fell asleep in the sun! :redface:

anyway my main point of this post is to encourage those of you who have just started and not seeing any improvements, GIVE IT TIME! I've been on many various acne medications and this regimen beats them all hands down. .. No getting immune to medication, no not being able to drink, cheap, convenient and very effective.

ps. wanking and sex does not cause acne ... hehe still makes me laugh that people are still posting these questions! :lol:

I can really agree with this sentiment, I would warn all those going on the regimen to not use stupid ammounts of bp, which is exaclty what i did a few months ago (twice as much as normal). It made my whole face a nightmare , peeling + acne + dead skin etc, right when I was supposed to be doing an interview, it was hell.. I would definetely recommened using caution with BP even if you miss an application.

Also, about the sex thing, I used to be 100% percent convinced of a link, but not anymore, I can definetly say it doesnt have any effect on the acne whatsoever (after extensive research) :D