Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2KFan

Most annoying question people ask me..

"why do you have so much acne dude?"

:| gee i dont know. i can see asking someone, "how did you get that broken leg" or, "why is your nose bleeding" or, "why are you walking with a limp" but "why do you have acne" is the most dumb and annoying questions ever. whenever i get asked that, i just say "umm.. it's genetic i guess" stupid people.

Guest Tenshi

just say your taking a new medication for it and thats why its getting worse..if they are rude about it..jusat good question moron..

i dont know your skin condition but would u consider accutane? it solved my problem..

Guest Akira

and mine

If anyone says that, providing their male, just say "Why is your cock so small? its just the hand we were dealt"

Some people are shits, they're not worth it

have you ever tried proactive? GRRR

Oh My God....I was at the mall the other day, and I passed by a Proactiv kiosk. The chick stopped me and said, "I think this could really help you".....

I responded....."I don't have acne....it's shingles and I'm highly contagious, " I pretened to cough a little and rolled my eyes and walked away.....

Oh My God....I was at the mall the other day, and I passed by a Proactiv kiosk. The chick stopped me and said, "I think this could really help you".....

I responded....."I don't have acne....it's shingles and I'm highly contagious, " I pretened to cough a little and rolled my eyes and walked away.....

lol thats good...

I make it a point to not even ENTER the same area in the mall wheres the proactic kiosk is at.

lol thats good...

I make it a point to not even ENTER the same area in the mall wheres the proactic kiosk is at.

Haha I used to do the exact same thing! I would usually just hide behind my mom.. I would also hide from those makeup people asking you if you want a free sample.. I was always too terrified of them asking "Why don't you try this foundation to cover up your acne"? :redface: I guess i was just going insane, lol

Print off the full out explanation of why acne occurs, how long it takes, blah blah blah. Stick in it your pocket and the next time somebody asks you that pull out the paper and read it to them.

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

"why do you have so much acne dude?"

:| gee i dont know. i can see asking someone, "how did you get that broken leg" or, "why is your nose bleeding" or, "why are you walking with a limp" but "why do you have acne" is the most dumb and annoying questions ever. whenever i get asked that, i just say "umm.. it's genetic i guess" stupid people.

First of all, who the fuck says that?

Buy a gun at a pawn shop and introduce them to Bullet. Or poison them with heavy metals.

Someone told me, "You really shouldn't have that much acne on your face." :evil: WTF, how do you respond??!!...is it a question, rhetorical question, statement. I do not consider this as an entertaining conversational piece...discussing my acne...again-WTF??!! :xxx: Then he stood there, looking at me as if I was supposed to engage in this uncomfortable topic.

It amazes me....some folks will say anything to you since you have acne. But would you walk up to an obese person and say, "Hey, I heard Weight Watchers will really help you slim down..have you tried it?" or "How about that new weight loss pill......or, try pilates, it will really tone up that stomach of yours??!!"

I think it's more socially acceptable to be over weight then to have acne. :shrug:

People need to be a little more sensitive when it comes to giving advice. :angry:

For some idiotic reason, unknown to me, people do have a tendency to ask that question or one similar. I mean, if they don't know what to say about it, they really shouldn't say anything about it at all.

I'm sure my friends have those moments where the question crosses their mind, but unless I bring up the topic, they won't say anything. More people need to learn to be considerate and improve their comprehensive thinking.

The next time someone asks, just return fire and ask them straight up why the hell they'd ask something so inconsiderate.

i've got another one-"do you wash your face"?

my seventh grade homeroom teacher told me to go and wash my face right when i got home. IN FRONT of people.

what a bitch!! :evil:

my seventh grade homeroom teacher told me to go and wash my face right when i got home. IN FRONT of people.

Yeah, seriously. Hey, can't you sue people these days for verbal abuse? :cool:

probably, though at the time i was so embarrassed and upset that i just wanted to get out of there as fast as i could. the teachers at my middle school werent very nice, and it was exacerbated by the fact that alot of the people at my hometown have alot of money, and therefore put alot of importance on appearance. i guess they think that if you live there, you should be pretty and perfect. :evil:

no one liked that teacher though. she reminded me a bit of dawn's english teacher in welcome to the dollhouse.

probably, though at the time i was so embarrassed and upset that i just wanted to get out of there as fast as i could. the teachers at my middle school werent very nice, and it was exacerbated by the fact that alot of the people at my hometown have alot of money, and therefore put alot of importance on appearance. i guess they think that if you live there, you should be pretty and perfect. :evil:

no one liked that teacher though. she reminded me a bit of dawn's english teacher in welcome to the dollhouse.

well, did you let your parents know about this? She could've gotten in trouble for this...

I was at church and was talking about riding bikes with my kids, and that I had fallen off. One of the ladies said "Oh is that what happened to your chin???" I said, "UUUHHHHH, no, that is a completely different problem." Needless to say, it was pretty awkward.

I also get the whole "Try Proactiv" or "Have you been picking at your face?" Or "You really should go see a doctor about your face!"

:P

Hey guys,

I am de-lurking to say I have wondered about this too. I at least can understand the inconsiderate people who comment on peoples skin... like, they are the same ones who will try to make heavy people feel bad or whatever. I can see that they want to make themselves feel better.

Some people though, I think of them as considerate... and they surprise me by commenting on my skin. Maybe in a subtle way like bringing up ProActive, you know, to help me. :rolleyes: Or talking about other people's acne to me and saying it seems like a "hygiene issue". (That has happened to me and I felt they were also trying to say *mine* was cuz I didn't wash my face)

I think the reason people feel "free" to bring it up is b/c so many people think is only a issue of hygiene. Since some people have genes that make them rarely break out, they must not be able to understand when someone is breaking out A LOT. I imagine they think... "Sometimes I skip washing my face before bed and it still looks good... Her skin looks bad so she must *never* shower!"

I also happen to think that since acne is seen as a "youth" issue, there are no consequences for adults making comments about it. (They think they are trying to help a kid out.) Also, since not many adults at all have it, it seems ok to say something about them cuz they are in the very small minority.

I really do try to think positive about it, but I guess I wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks!

haha, good one!

she probably spent the rest of the day washing her hands frantically with the 2.5% bp proactiv scrub worried about catching bacterial airborne shingles.

Someone told me, "You really shouldn't have that much acne on your face." :evil: WTF, how do you respond??!!...is it a question, rhetorical question, statement. I do not consider this as an entertaining conversational piece...discussing my acne...again-WTF??!! :xxx: Then he stood there, looking at me as if I was supposed to engage in this uncomfortable topic.

It amazes me....some folks will say anything to you since you have acne. But would you walk up to an obese person and say, "Hey, I heard Weight Watchers will really help you slim down..have you tried it?" or "How about that new weight loss pill......or, try pilates, it will really tone up that stomach of yours??!!"

I think it's more socially acceptable to be over weight then to have acne. :shrug:

People need to be a little more sensitive when it comes to giving advice. :angry:

If someone told me that I would tell them:

"You really shouldn't have that stick up your ass.. Oh wait nevermind, you're just a jackass."

Those people really piss me off.