Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mely

another TCA question

hey guys it's mely again. I just have one last question to TCA. You know, I've ordered TCA and read some instructions and now there's something I don't understand. Everywhere, they say "keep your skin moist during the peel" but on other pages, I read that you're not allowed to apply water, moisturizer and oil on your skin because otherwise, the peel would stop. What's with that? can you help me? I'm not sure wether I have to wash my face after the skin starts frosting or if I just let it go.

Do I have to apply the TCA then wait till there's some frosting and than do nothing at all?

Thanx for reading and ANSWERING :D !! It's kinda important because my TCA probably arrives within the next days.

hey...could u please please answer.. it's so important!!!!! common, y'all know the answer, right?!?

hey. my tca arrived today and the instructions are not so clear. so please please tell me: DO I HAVE TO WASH MY FACE after there's frosting? or does the frost go away on it's own? and do i have to apply moisturizer after peel? please answer, can't be that difficult...

Are you doing TCA cross or a TCA peel? BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!! If you haven't already, please read ALL information on this board about which ever you are doing!!!! Take care, RuPerki :D

hey! I'm going to do a fullface peel with 20%. But I'm thinking about doing a CROSS later. could you tell me wether I have to wash my face after the fullface peel or not? I really want to do the peel today and I still don'T know how.

Guest Marino

hey! I'm going to do a fullface peel with 20%. But I'm thinking about doing a CROSS later. could you tell me wether I have to wash my face after the fullface peel or not? I really want to do the peel today and I still don'T know how.

Hi Melly,

I had a full face TCA peel at a plastic surgeons office,

first somekind of antiseptic was applied to the area then rubed off with a towel [not necessary though, some practioners do it, some dont, just make sure you wash your face with an exfoliating scrub to remove excess oil/skin BEFORE the peel]

The TCA peel was then rubbed on with a cotton bud all over my face, and left on its own as it is SELF NEUTRALIZING.

Now, im to sure if all TCA peels are self-neutralising [im pretty sure they are], so check the instructions to make sure yours does as well. If you are concerned about the peel not self neautrilizing, you can make a paste to make sure it does; simply mix some baking powder with water into a semi-thick paste, and apply that to your face a few minutes after the peel.

Some advice:

-Do not put the peel around your lips or jaw line, these areas are often moving alot due to talking eating and often causes it to prematurely peel, increasing the chances of pigmentation problems....

unless your chin/jawline/upper lip is a problem area, do avoid it.

-With regards to keeping your skin "moist" i suggest you apply a moisturizer or better yet; vaseline to yourace once the frosting has subsisded. Continue to do this every day untill your skin has completely peeled off.

-Stay out of the sun! use a sun block every 2 hours, wear a hat and avoid the sun at all costs. The chances for been burned and having pigment complications are high during and after the peel

hope this helps

hey marino! thank you so must for these advices, I'm not so confused anymore :D I've already bought a sunblocker just for the case but I have holidays anyway so I'm gonna stay at home for the next weeks. What was the concentration of your peel? and did it help you with your scars? by the way, have you done the peel to get rid of your scars are are there other skin poblems you wanted to treat? thanks I hope i'll work.

Guest funky_monkey

dont you mean 'baking soda' Marino?!

Other than that, Marino is the man who knows his stuff :razz: