Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moder888

Accutane Second Course Question

This is a question for a second low dose course.

About 5 or so years ago I went on accutane, a regular dose, after having very very bad acne for a few years. It was sucessful and my acne cleared up signifigantly. It was pretty good for a year or two after getting of accutane, but then slowly it started to get worse. Right now, it is not as bad as it was originally, but it still pretty bad (moderate) and constant, and nothing has worked (OTC or script). My last option I think is to try a second course of accutane, which I was told some people need. I am intersted in doing a low dose course, as this is my second, for about 6 months. I was wondering if this will be effective since ithas been so long since the first course, and if because of that I need to do a regular dose course. Anyone been in a situation like this? If so, what did you do? Any general advice? Also, is the inital breakout period typically expeirenced with the second course, or mostly with the first course? Thanks.