Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xiomara

Ugh, ever get tired of maintaining?

Seriously. With the diet, makeup, soaps, anti-biotics, ointments, masks/facials, peels,injections...it gets tiring! Sometimes I wish I didn't have to do all of this.

How long do you take breaks?

Well if its keeping me clear then i have no problem doing it all.

The problem is when you are doing all that shit and NOTHIGN seems to work...

so if what ur doin is making u clear...consider urself lucky!

I used to HATE following regimens. I was on many prescriptions over the years. They never worked, so I'd quit, get frustrated, and dread trying the next one!

Now that I've found something that WORKS, it's not bad at all. Sure, I'd love to be able to just splash some water on my face and go to bed, but that's just not the way it is, so I'll deal with it!

I used to HATE following regimens. I was on many prescriptions over the years. They never worked, so I'd quit, get frustrated, and dread trying the next one!

Now that I've found something that WORKS, it's not bad at all. Sure, I'd love to be able to just splash some water on my face and go to bed, but that's just not the way it is, so I'll deal with it!

Agreed

Guest Akira

im sick of following the regimen, but i have no choice, i want better skin

Heh, It's a pain in the ass. if I stop it, no new acne comes in, but the already active stays active. So I just need to finally clear my face up and I'll be set. It's worth it.

Definitely. Though the reason I'm so tired of it is because nothing works. Haven't found anything that will clear me up. Did the Regimen for 2 months, had to stop because the BP wrecked my skin. Tried ProActiv, but it eventually seemed to lose its effect. Tried Rosula, a prescription cream that cleared me beautifully, but it lost its effect. Tried minocycline and it never did much for me. Tried Neutrogena's acne washes with no results. Tried dieting to the point where eating became a nightmarish chore and the acne remained.

Exfoliating with a brush keeps the acne smaller, but I still get spots (it did clear me up for about 4 months, just didn't last). However, it is the only thing I still do. I stopped doing it but went back to it as it's the only thing that keeps the acne under control. I just started using a bit of make-up when I go out somewhere. I quit doing everything else. There's no point whatsoever in making myself miserable with all of this crap - creams, crazy diets, pills, if I still have acne.

I know. I feel like i've tried almost everything & nothing. Esp. the diet. Still have oily cyst skin. :(

I haven't gone through Accutane completely yet. I did it once when I was a teenager but stopped bc I was afraid of all the bad hype over it, the ugly stage made want to stop & it got me depressed. Not the med., the zits itself. I shouldve stuck to it. I'm gonna see if I can get them this year.