Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uruk

The weirder effects of having acne

After having another breakout today, and seeing how weird I react to it, I decided to make this topic. I'd like to give some examples to how strange I, and probably other people, behave when I have had a breakout.

- Even if my face is relatively clear, acne is always on my mind. So when I talk to people, I always observe the way they look. If I see a spot on that person, I wonder how long it's been there, when it (approximately) will go away, if the person picked on it etc. Weird.

- Walking with my head tilted downwards.

- Avoiding certain mirrors.

- Avoiding to look in car-windows. For some reason acne looks worse in them.

- Looking in windows of homes, so I can see how I look.

- Not talkative

- Grumpy.

I can't think of any more at the moment. Feel free to add/comment :)

Guest fatman_uk

I still avoid mirrors a lot, even tho i have no need to anymore... i guess it's just ''ingrained'' in my head.

Another thing i do a lot which is annoying is try to turn my body an face at certain angles while talkin to ppl. It's especially annoying coz i sometimes do it without realising, an when i'm talkin to a girl i'll be tryin to tilt my head one way while also tryin to keep a decent posture an i end up walkin away from them a lot coz i'd rather have them following me or walkin infront of me than talkin next to me while we walk. ](*,)

So phuckin stupid, i guess i should take notice of WTF i'm doin, lol. #-o

-Gaz

the best thing to do is talk infront of a mirror...a big one. Talk to the mirror how you would talk to someone...you can improove...i was told this for things like standing straight etc...

"So when I talk to people, I always observe the way they look. If I see a spot on that person, I wonder how long it's been there, when it (approximately) will go away, if the person picked on it etc. Weird. "

I do that to some extent too, and every time I catch myself, I feel guilty, because I know how much I hate when I think people are staring at my skin. Weird, isn't it?

I do the whole mirror thing too. I only glance real quickly in regular mirrors and only really look at myself in a mirror when I'm alone. It's not really a self-esteem thing, I just don't like being reminded of my acne during the day.

Another thing is, I hate doing my make-up when others are around. When I stay over with friends, they will do their make-up in front of a mirror regardless of who's in the room, but I have to do it in the bathroom alone. That's weird to me, since I don't mind them seeing me without make-up, I only mind people watching me put it on.

i always try to look in every mirror as possible to see if things are actually better than i thought they were in my head. guess im just looking for a confidence boost, but a lot of the time its the same as ever.

im not sure what you meant, Uruk, about the car windows. i always find that in car windows i look completely clear, i love them!

when i see someone else with acne im overjoyed and always try to convince myself that theirs is worse than mine...

I never look people in the face when I'm talking to them or if they're talking to me, even though I really don't need to anymore. I naturally don't like looking people in the eye because I always feel weird doing it, even before I had acne. Don't know why.

I, like others here, have a hard time looking at people directly in the eye. Plus, I have a general tendency to look towards the ground. I look at the ground when I'm walking a lot during the school year on campus, when people are going to their next class. It's difficult to look up and see everyone else with clear skin while you seem like the only one whose face is red and has scars. Sometimes this has made me take different routes on campus to my classes just to avoid all the human traffic.

Acne has made me do some stupid things...

When im on the street, I cannot walk forward and look straight.. Im steadily improving though, so thats good. Since my worse acne is on the right side of my face, I tend to walk on the right side of the sidewalk most of the time, especially when Im walking with girls. If im walking in the mall or something, and some hot girls pass me on my right, Ill act like Ill try to fix my hat, just to cover up some acne.

I hate doing these things.. but its become routine. I just cant stop it. I wonder if people Im with notice these things.. #-o

I think the way some of us act sometimes because of our skin condition might actually attract attention sometimes. Despite that, I still act the way I'm doing. It's become a routine and I don't know if I'll ever be able to correct it. I'm sure some people have given me odd looks because I never really look ahead straight when I'm walking sometimes.

Yep, them car windows. Especially at high noon where the shadows are sharper. My face gets the consistency of tree bark on them damn windows.

Also on side mirrors. :D

i've done everything that most of you guys have named. putting on caps, hoody's, the hair in the face, making up excuses not to go outside, "taking a different route on campus to avoid the human traffic". caking on foundation, standing at an angle when talking to others, goodness, so much and i'm still discovering new ways to slide by the criticisms. but yet i always find myself laughing after i do any of them because im trying so hard for people not to notice my imperfections or look at me at all and of course they do, cause i do some strange things. its really dumb and comedy mixed together. i also like to point out other peoples acne, considering how vain it is, it does make me feel better. [-X

P.S. i've always found it weird to look people in the eye, it feels like im overly determined to look them so straight in the face/eyes, and i cant cause i have to laugh about it.. or i've had experiences where ive walked away from a conversation cause it bothered me immensely. i know where it all starts aerobunny.

i know exactly what you mean about the hat adjusting thing. my god, i do it all the time. if someone is passing really close to me i'll pretend to rub something out of my eye, or fix my hat, or whatever, when im walking by. what fools we must all look like to the people who really dont care and dont notice, and wonder why we act so wierd, flaky, antisocial.

-----

my god, i do it all the time. if someone is passing really close to me i'll pretend to rub something out of my eye, or fix my hat, or whatever, when im walking by.

------

Exactly! We have to stop this, dude. We are looking like fools. #-o

i always wear a hat...which i know probably makes my acne worse from sweating my balls of when i wear it 24/7...i dont even have acne on my forehead...thats the funny part...i guess i use it as a way to shield my eyes, so i dont really have to look at people...and i kinda think i wear hats because they shadow some of my face

Guest rjl

tattoo, i wear hats all the time for the same reasons you do! hats do shadow your face and eye contact is in your control. but my acne has really cleared up so i wear hats for sun protection now. hats(not baseball caps) kinda makes a gal stand out though...people are always asking me where i get my hats! can't people leave me alone!!!!arg!

Yea i've done all that

My face is looking left if someone is taking a picture from the right...

I hate hate hate looking in mirrors ESPECIALLY when it's well-lighted i FSD"KLFJ:DLFKJF hate it. I'm glad my bathroom has a weak-orange light that can shadow my face when i look at it at night. I won't look at any part of my face unless it's a quick glance during the day. I hate accidentally looking into mirrors in stores/etc. I try to act normal when i have a breakout but it's kind of hard when someone is staring at your skin while you're talking to them.

I notice acne on others but most of it the time it's not severe at mine. I hardly get anyn small pimples, probably 3 big ones every-other day. Which is bad...because by the end of the week you have 5 scabs and 3 new pimples.

Someone walking past me? I'll always try to cover it up by smiling super big pretend i'm happy or scratch my ear....etc... SO annoying.

Sometimes out of spite i walk with my head up and let them notice it. I have scars on one side of my face, if i meet someone i'll keep them to the other side...etc

Acne Sucks, someone please find a cure and let us all have it PLEASE :D

Yea i've done all that

if i meet someone i'll keep them to the other side...etc

Yeah, that pretty much says how I am. If you are a hot chick, you are on the left side of me at ALL times. I also hate walking at different angles and stuff outside... God.. I feel like a jackass. ](*,)

I used to do alot of these things

"I get so obsessive about my face that I also look for imperfections on others. I often wonder if they don't know, don't care, etc.

Still do the last one, most of the time I can tell.

It is really nice, at school I forget about it I would say 70% of the time. I feel so comfertable then... but 4th hour sucks cause it is real well lit. I used to try to face other ways and stuff like that also, but being in 10th grade over 9th made a big difference to me.

After having another breakout today, and seeing how weird I react to it, I decided to make this topic. I'd like to give some examples to how strange I, and probably other people, behave when I have had a breakout.

- Even if my face is relatively clear, acne is always on my mind. So when I talk to people, I always observe the way they look. If I see a spot on that person, I wonder how long it's been there, when it (approximately) will go away, if the person picked on it etc. Weird.

- Walking with my head tilted downwards.

- Avoiding certain mirrors.

- Looking in windows of homes, so I can see how I look.

- Not talkative

- Grumpy.

I can't think of any more at the moment. Feel free to add/comment smile.gif