Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm starting to put a very thin layer of BP on my nose........ would it help to clear up those blackheads/whiteheads?

(what is the difference btwn whitehead & clogged pore - what IS a clogged pore)?

Thanks~!

Hi.

I apply one third of my index finger of BP on my nose because I used to break out there with big and painful zits. My nose has been clear since week 2, but I still have black pores. Seems that BP is working well on preventing those to become whiteheads.

I don't know how bad your acne is but I think BP will help your nose to clear up from whiteheads. Just remember that time and results vary with each person.

Regarding you questions, read this and see if you find some answers there:

http://www.acne.org/whatisacne.html

Hey, thanks for all your replies.

I read http://www.acne.org/whatisacne.html.. and here's a quote from it

"Either way, blackheads and whiteheads are filled with trapped sebum and bacteria. The treatment advice for how to get rid of blackheads and how to get rid of whiteheads is therefore the same."

According from here.. the clear skin regimen (using BP) would get rid of the whitehead & blackhead?

I am really confused.

I thought white & black heads are noninflammatory acne (no bacteria, just oil & dead skin under your skin, that's why they're not red). If this is the case, then BP wouldn't work right? Since BP targets the P.bacteria - if there's no bacteria, then BP won't do anything but maybe just eliminate the bacteria on your skin surface hence prevent inflammation of the whitehead/blackhead.

Isn't this true?

B/c the thing is I have like 5 places with a bunch of whitehead (one of them is like 1 inch in diameter). It was red before because there was some inflammed acne there (pimple). But now after applying BP the inflammed ones are gone and I'm only left with the whitehead and it seems like BP isn't getting rid of any of them...

Wouldn't salcylic acid be a better choice at this stage since it unclog the pores?

Any help would be appreciated!

I thought white & black heads are noninflammatory acne (no bacteria, just oil & dead skin under your skin, that's why they're not red)...

Nope. Whiteheads look like that mainly because they're infected. The pics at the page you quoted show it pretty clearly, I think.

BP has gotten rid of all the whiteheads I used to get. I've read some other posts and experiences here about the same results. Actually I have no raised bumps of any kind.

But I do have black pores, like very little black dots all over my nose.

B/c the thing is I have like 5 places with a bunch of whitehead (one of them is like 1 inch in diameter).

1 inch? I don't think that's a whitehead, That's a more like a pustule. I think BP can take care of it, but it may take longer. The important thing is that you apply it as outlined in this site.

I wouldn't combine SA with BP.

Are you following the Clear Skin Regimen or something else?

I'm following the regimen.. but I just kind of change the way to apply it..

pustule? But it's white and bumpy though? I thought pustules have pus? Mine's just like many many whiteheads close togehter..

So BP didn't get rid of your blackheads.. but the site says it would.. maybe it just takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer..

Yeah, I don't plan in combining SA with BP either.. just a random thought.. I remember reading somewhere that don't combine with BP with any other products..

I'm following the regimen.. but I just kind of change the way to apply it..

Uhmmm... how are you applying it then?

pustule? But it's white and bumpy though? I thought pustules have pus? Mine's just like many many whiteheads close togehter..

I figured it might be a pustule rather than a whitehead because of the size. But if it's like a cluster of whiteheads, dabbing a bunch of BP would dry it well but it might take a while.

So BP didn't get rid of your blackheads.. but the site says it would.. maybe it just takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer..

Probably, yeah. My nose looks healthier and clear, but covered with tiny black dots. They don't look inflamed or bumpy like in the pic of the whatisacne page.

I don't plan in combining SA with BP either.. just a random thought.. I remember reading somewhere that don't combine with BP with any other products..

Yep. It's not recommended at all. Have you ever used SA anyway? I did and it was just useless and irritating. BP is irritating also, but it has cleared me up like anything else. That's why I don't think it would be a good idea, whether on the regimen or not. Just my experience anyway.

I apply bp to my nose, although I rarely get a pimple there. My nose feels smoother and my blackheads are less prominent. <shrug>

my personal opinion is this:

once a week i use thos blackhead strips on my nose,

apply, wait to dry, then remove gently.

then i apply BP after re=washing in the hope it wil sit in the pores an prevent new blackheads forming.

sorta works i guess.

Get some blackhead strips!

apparently, BP doesnt help with blackheads.....

A clogged pore is a pore filled with a mixture of sebum, sweat and dead skin cells, forming a comedone (a hard plug)

thats why the nose strips are so good.

They hold on2 the blackehad and lift it from the pore..

then ur pore is open so applying Bp into it shud help control the sebum production as its full with BP hehe

The only thing that has ever gotten rid of my blackheads is Jojoba oil. I dont have any anymore after 15 years, and so far 2 weeks with none!